Thread: airbase-ng

Hybrid View

Default airbase-ng

New tool added to the aircrack-ng suite:

http://tinyshell.be/aircrackng/forum...p?topic=3247.0

excellent, will check it out now

Just burned his ISO

i've been playing with this new tool for a bit.

using edimax ew-7318usg and rt73 drivers i was able to set up ap but the ap doenst show in airodump-ng. it does however show on my other machines (win or linux)

looked it up in docu, found this:
    Some drivers like rtl8187 don't capture packets by itself. The implication of this is that the softAP will not show up in airodump-ng. You can get around this by using two wireless cards, one to inject and one to capture.
    so rt73 drivers do not capture packets by itself? can anyone with the similar card with rt73 confirm this? maybe there is a workaround i dont know about

Quote Originally Posted by SilentException View Post
    i've been playing with this new tool for a bit.

using edimax ew-7318usg and rt73 drivers i was able to set up ap but the ap doenst show in airodump-ng. it does however show on my other machines (win or linux)
    I'm not sure I'm following you... what do you mean by not showing in airodump-ng but it shows on (win or linux)?

looked it up in docu, found this:
    Some drivers like rtl8187 . The implication of this is that the softAP will not show up in airodump-ng. You can get around this by using two wireless cards, one to inject and one to capture.
    so rt73 drivers do not capture packets by itself? can anyone with the similar card with rt73 confirm this? maybe there is a workaround i dont know about
    You quoted that docu... saying "some drivers like rtl8187 don't capture packets by itself"

...but RT73 drivers are not rtl8187 drivers. What led you to believe that RT 73 drivers are the same?

Did you read something saying that RT73 drivers also don't capture packets by itself?
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by .lonewolf View Post
    I'm not sure I'm following you... what do you mean by not showing in airodump-ng but it shows on (win or linux)?
    i'm using one edimax adapter on laptop. airbase-ng creates fake ap and i can see that ap on my two other pc's in house (one windows and one linux). back to laptop now. while running airbase-ng in one terminal i run the airodump-ng in other terminal. the fake ap doesnt show there.

Quote Originally Posted by .lonewolf View Post
    You quoted that docu... saying "some drivers like rtl8187 don't capture packets by itself"

...but RT73 drivers are not rtl8187 drivers. What led you to believe that RT 73 drivers are the same?

Did you read something saying that RT73 drivers also don't capture packets by itself?
    What led me to the conclusion (or better, it was my question) is the fact that i cannot see the created AP in other terminal and the words "some drivers" from docu

I'm not sure if rt73 does capture packets by itself. It's what i'm trying to find out. If it does capture packets by itself, then i must be doing something wrong there but i dont see what