Thread: So, WPA Handshake or not?!

Just burned his ISO

Default So, WPA Handshake or not?!

Hi there,

For the little story, we are 3 friends trying to break each other's wireless. We started with WEP and connected clients, which was successful! Then we tried without clients, I succeeded to get one of my friend but not the other (if by chance you're curious, here is the post I did for that: I can't post url, check in the newbie area with my login ).

Now, me and one of my friend (the one I succeeded to get the WEP) changed our protections to WPA. We got each other's handshakes (got the handshake information from airodump + checked in wireshark ). Then I used airolib to compute the PMKs, for something like 4 days...
    And then, when I started to use aircrack-ng with the table, I had this menu to ask me to choose the essid where I've just seen that it was written "MYFRIENDESSID" "WPA (0 handshake)".

Following the tutorials, I'm expecting 1 here instead of 0, right?

I know that without all the command lines, it's not easy to help, but would you have a small idea of what can be the problem? Like a common mistake that people use to do?...

Thanks in advance!

try running your handshake through aircrack with a (SMALL)normal dict file and see if it picks up the handshake.

Quote Originally Posted by MeAndMyFriends View Post

I know that without all the command lines, it's not easy to help,

Thanks in advance!
    I think you hit the nail on the head there

Yes we would like to see the commands you are using, & also you need to ensure that a client is connected to perform the handshake, see the many tutorials/videos that are out there demonstrating this

Just burned his ISO

Hey, thanks for the tips, I just pass by here to say that I'm still alive, I just don't have much time now for trying again (fighting with Ubuntu), and my friends went for holidays for a couple of days, so...

Hey, thanks for the tips, I just pass by here to say that I'm still alive, I just don't have much time now for trying again (fighting with Ubuntu), and my friends went for holidays for a couple of days, so...
    ... you're back MeWithoutMyFriends
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Just burned his ISO

Hey there, I'm back with my friends now!
    So we started again the trick, and it appears that I've got the handshake now. Or at least, I guess. I mean, in wireshark, I can see it. If I start aircrack-ng 0.9.3 from backtrack 3, it tells me 1 WPA Handshake. But now, I'm trying to compute the PMK tables in my office, and, surprise, aircrack-ng 1.0beta2 tells me that there is no WPA handshake! So I installed the 0.9.3 instead, but actually it cannot use the tables done with airolib-ng!

Ahah, stuck!

Hey there, I'm back with my friends now!
    So we started again the trick, and it appears that I've got the handshake now. Or at least, I guess. I mean, in wireshark, I can see it. If I start aircrack-ng 0.9.3 from backtrack 3, it tells me 1 WPA Handshake. But now, I'm trying to compute the PMK tables in my office, and, surprise, aircrack-ng 1.0beta2 tells me that there is no WPA handshake! So I installed the 0.9.3 instead, but actually it cannot use the tables done with airolib-ng!

Ahah, stuck!
    Ahah... get back to work mate, lol
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]