Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Professionally putting this knowledge to work!

Quote Originally Posted by .K.S. View Post
    I guess it's just that initial fear of, "go do xyz!"
    If you're afraid to try something new and possibly fail, then you have already reached you're maximum potential.
    <EeePc 1000HA BT4/W7 USB boot Alfa500 GPS BlueTooth>

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by PeppersGhost View Post
    If you're afraid to try something new and possibly fail, then you have already reached you're maximum potential.
    Without fail, there is no try.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    http://www.despair.com/fail24x30pri.html

Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

and i fully understand that! .... i believe i've RE-INSTALLED bt3 nearly 20 times in the last 2 weeks, but i've learned alot, and i'm going to try a few more tweaks, then one more clean install, and i think that will last me a while! .... So, i do shy away from fear of failure, i love it! ... it's that scary bit when you don't know if you can pull something off, or when you're not exactly sure what the monitor will read when someone else is looking over you shoulder! .... i love that moment.... It's like i roller coaster: At the top you don't know what you were thinking that got you into the damn thing. But after the ride is over, you feel alive, and happy to know you made that choice. ;^)

-KS

and i fully understand that! .... i believe i've RE-INSTALLED bt3 nearly 20 times in the last 2 weeks, but i've learned alot, and i'm going to try a few more tweaks, then one more clean install, and i think that will last me a while! .... So, i do shy away from fear of failure, i love it! ... it's that scary bit when you don't know if you can pull something off, or when you're not exactly sure what the monitor will read when someone else is looking over you shoulder! .... i love that moment.... It's like i roller coaster: At the top you don't know what you were thinking that got you into the damn thing. But after the ride is over, you feel alive, and happy to know you made that choice. ;^)

-KS
    Just remember this. No one likes to hear their sys-admin say, "Well, it's never done that before!"

Okay, I gotta go do something before the mods kick me out.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

-KS
    Just remember, no one is generally looking over your shoulder while you're working to see how you do something in the admin world. You're pretty much left alone just to get things done. Not that anyone really knows what admins do anyway or how long things take.

You can always use the Scotty method of determine time to complete work as well.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    One should ride out to meet destiny, or be trampled by fate.
    <EeePc 1000HA BT4/W7 USB boot Alfa500 GPS BlueTooth>

Quote Originally Posted by PeppersGhost View Post
    One should ride out to meet destiny, or be trampled by fate.

Sorry, i believe we walk down the path we choose, not the road that was put in front of us.

-KS
    If a paraplegic made a deal with the devil to walk again, he's surely bound to be hit by a bus shortly there after.

-KS

Sorry, i believe we walk down the path we choose, not the road that was put in front of us.

-KS
    Ah, but the two could be the same.

Well, i guess all we can do is hope there's a Life.Log at the end in that big MainFrame in the sky which holds all the answers.

-KS
    If a paraplegic made a deal with the devil to walk again, he's surely bound to be hit by a bus shortly there after.

-KS

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast