Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "BT3 Data not found. This should not happen, press ctrl+alt+del to reboot."

Just burned his ISO

Default "BT3 Data not found. This should not happen, press ctrl+alt+del to reboot."

I'm getting this awkward message when I attempt to boot up BT3 using a simple 16x DVD.

When I select to boot up BT3 graphical mode and the booting information starts showing up, I get the "Please wait a while." message for a couple of seconds, and then I get the message "BT3 Data not found. This should not happen, press ctrl+alt+del to reboot."

Help please!

you got the changes folder created in your ext2 partition?

Just burned his ISO

It does work on my other computer, just not on this one.

Just burned his ISO

I used to have this same problem. The fix for me was to put the BT3 folder from the CD into the root of my windows drive. I believe that right after your error message it says to do this. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by IniXx View Post
    I'm getting this awkward message when I attempt to boot up BT3 using a simple 16x DVD.

When I select to boot up BT3 graphical mode and the booting information starts showing up, I get the "Please wait a while." message for a couple of seconds, and then I get the message "BT3 Data not found. This should not happen, press ctrl+alt+del to reboot."

Help please!
    So this is the BT3 live cd, or the BT3 DVD? Usually you only get that message with a borked usb install. Throwing the BT folder on the windows drive kinda defeats the purpose.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Assuming this is the Live CD/DVD, copy the "BT3" folder to the root of your first hard drive on windows (usually the C drive). This usually happens (with the Live CD) when you run SATA drives - as in it doesn't usually happen, but when it does, it's because of SATA drives.

-Stephen

Please give more details........

Is it an internal drive or maybe an external.
    Is it IDE, SATA,USB, 1394?

Did you follow the recommendations on burning at slowest speed possible, etc?
    Just because it works on one machine and not another still doesn't mean it's not the disc at fault. Some drives read better (have better error correction) than other drives.
    Try re-burning? Try another brand of media?

Just burned his ISO

I did do it on slowest speed. I still get the same error after burning another disk.

Just burned his ISO

I followed all steps. Burning at slowest speed, etc. My PC is brand new and has a topnotch DVD reader/writer. I tried re-burning, still, the same error occures.

Developer

Do not double post.New members posts are moderated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast