Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backtrack 3 is booting slow

Just burned his ISO

Oh yeah, forgot about that part, lol. I'm not real sure, I'll have to think about that one

Just burned his ISO

backtrack 3 does the same on my m2npv-vm (i think) asus desktop... it boots about 4 times faster on my laptop. once the os is up tho i see no lag.

my guess is that the bios, when booting off usb, boots on usb1. then when backtrack loads its usb2 drivers it speeds up?

(it seems to go faster after it does the "loading usb support")

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by halgorithm View Post
    Did you try to get out and push?

You didn't take the time to even list the type of laptop you have. Is it the one with the horse-drawn buggy?

Don't assume that it will automagically be fixed when BT3 goes out of beta. Show a little respect and post some info, at least inform as to 'where' it is slowing down in the boot up process.
    Not sure which type he has, but I am running a HP DC5750 with the AMD 64 Athlon X2 processor, and having issues:

1 It will not run X or Fluxbox.

2 It also seems to freeze in middle of dd command on HDD's > 50 GB.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I am up against a deadline, and had to switch to a different distro to get my images done.

Just burned his ISO

oddly enough, after trying all the other recommendations for this processor on the forums and not finding any that worked, I ran the BT3 in VESA mode and the issue seems to have cleared up.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by DarylChambers View Post
    oddly enough, after trying all the other recommendations for this processor on the forums and not finding any that worked, I ran the BT3 in VESA mode and the issue seems to have cleared up.
    Did you accomplish this with or without AC power supply?

This problem seems to be related to the AMD 64 Athlon X2 processor fro some reason.

Just burned his ISO

Heya, also having slow boot problems and can't make a new thread for some reason so this is the most related thread.

Booting from USB drive on my laptop boots fine, good speed. Booting on my desktop however takes about 5 minutes, the process pauses on finding data directory or something like that and then my cd drives each rev up and down for a few mins and then the boot continues as normal.

Seperate problem, any way to get the persistant changes partition on the usb to always be called the same thing on different computers? my laptop calls it one thing and desktop another so havn't to switch over the boot line if i want my changes :\

the only booting slow is the hand with a verification............clever but i like it...........hehehe

Just burned his ISO

I have the same problem on a Thinkpad X32 (Pentium M 1.8GHz, 2GB RAM).

BT3 Beta worked fine. The final release does not.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the USB driver. My USB stick's LED flashes away like mad all the time, but loading is still very slow. Maybe it's fallen back to USB 1 mode?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12