Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secuirty Certs

dlink

Default Secuirty Certs

I would like to know if any one has CEH or CSA certs and were they able to get a Computer seucirty job with not much experience.

What would be some other cert that would come in more than handy like some cisco or linux certs.

Thanks

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dlink View Post
    I would like to know if any one has CEH or CSA certs and were they able to get a Computer seucirty job with not much experience.
    What would be some other cert that would come in more than handy like some cisco or linux certs.
    Thanks
    A quick search of the forums brings back these results:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sea...archid=1109401

Your welcome
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Developer

Lets consider this. I have a company I value, have a lot of money invested in and deals with sensitive information. Does it sound like a good idea to hire some one with "not much experiance"

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Lets consider this. I have a company I value, have a lot of money invested in and deals with sensitive information. Does it sound like a good idea to hire some one with "not much experiance"
    ...or someone who's allonym is a substandard product.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    A quick search of the forums brings back these results:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sea...archid=1109401

Your welcome
    Pssssst....you can't link to search results. The link might work for you due to browser cache etc and might even work for a short period of time for others IF the server has it cached.

The best you can do is something like:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sea...p?q=searchterm
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Have you tried applying for internships?

All the intern/entry level security jobs I've seen so far require a junior level in a security focused major and current enrollement in a security program. I'm sure there are smaller companies that would hire for sub-standard wages and more or less out of desperation. But, as Pureh@te said, people in netsec hold all the keys and know all the secrets.

Employers won't hire just anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by GunMonkey View Post
    Have you tried applying for internships?

All the intern/entry level security jobs I've seen so far require a junior level in a security focused major and current enrollement in a security program. I'm sure there are smaller companies that would hire for sub-standard wages and more or less out of desperation. But, as Pureh@te said, people in netsec hold all the keys and know all the secrets.

Employers won't hire just anyone.
    Another thing that employers are doing more and more are looking up prospective employees on the inturweb to see what kind of behavior they exhibit there. Many time it's very easy to link a pseudonym to a real name. Now think about the n00bs that come here and talk about cracking their neighbors WEP or whatever, and then go to an employer wanting an ITSec job.

Employers want people with good ethics, it's plain and simple. Those people that feel ethics don't come into play can think about it while they're asking "do you want fries with that?".
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Another thing that employers are doing more and more are looking up prospective employees on the inturweb to see what kind of behavior they exhibit there. Many time it's very easy to link a pseudonym to a real name. Now think about the n00bs that come here and talk about cracking their neighbors WEP or whatever, and then go to an employer wanting an ITSec job.

Employers want people with good ethics, it's plain and simple. Those people that feel ethics don't come into play can think about it while they're asking "do you want fries with that?".
    In other words, delete your Myspace page!!!
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    In other words, delete your Myspace page!!!
    ...if not for getting a job, but just because having a Myspace or any like page is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post

Good thing I don't ask those kind of questions then.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast