Thread: coding sploits for Metasploit 3, anyone experienced?

linuxbeast

Default coding sploits for Metasploit 3, anyone experienced?

Anyone coding spoits for Metasploit 3? I'd like a response from someone experienced doing so. Where do I begin? My programming experience is in shell scripting, java, and c++. Is this a problem? I'm guessing I need to know C or Assembly, but that will happen after I transfer from my community college over to an University. I learned Java only at school. The rest of my computer knowledge comes from teaching myself.

Developer

Metasploit 3 is entirely coded in ruby

Quote Originally Posted by linuxbeast View Post
    Anyone coding spoits for Metasploit 3? I'd like a response from someone experienced doing so. Where do I begin? My programming experience is in shell scripting, java, and c++. Is this a problem? I'm guessing I need to know C or Assembly, but that will happen after I transfer from my community college over to an University. I learned Java only at school. The rest of my computer knowledge comes from teaching myself.
    Java is a great language, extremely flexible and afaik, very quick to execute. (relatively speaking)

You should ask shamanvirtuel for some guidance. Try one of his threads in the Programming section... or his website.

There are other programmers here who will also give you good advice.

Sorry... I think I went off topic
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by linuxbeast View Post
    Anyone coding spoits for Metasploit 3? I'd like a response from someone experienced doing so. Where do I begin?
    Try starting here:
    http://redstack.net/blog/index.php/2...sploit-30.html
    My programming experience is in shell scripting, java, and c++. Is this a problem?
    Ruby (which Metasploit uses as of v3) is just another language. They all use the same constructs just a different dictionaries so to speak. Every single language has a loop construct....increment from this to that by (optionally) steps of this size, etc.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

You need to know how to write exploits in order to write modules for Metasploit.

Usually you start by finding the exploit/vulnerability with a fuzzer and then port the exploit to the MSF.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

To be completely honest I don't see much use in porting exploits into metasploit if you already know how to write them yourself. Most exploits are written in C/C++, Python, or PERL

Metasploit isn't completely useless though because I'm sure your going to get most of your shellcode from metasploit anyways.

I just wanted to point out that metasploit is usually not used to write/find new exploits.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá