Thread: what tools in backtrack are there for finding sky wpa keys from the mac address?

Just burned his ISO

Default what tools in backtrack are there for finding sky wpa keys from the mac address?

iv tried to attack my own sky router but couldnt be bothered doing a full install i just ran it of the live cd and went through xploitz excellent vids (which showed me how to crack wep in minutes)

i will be doing a full install soon when i get another sata drive so i dont need to worry about boot loaders etc

oh my hardware is a dell lattitude d620 and im using the alfa usb wifi adapter with both the 2db and 9 db antenna depending on situation

im leaving my key at default till i find out how easy it is to crack with the mac address then i will change it and start trying to attack it using xploitz video guide and i always login and check for rogue clients but never seen any on the occasions i have checked due to slow download speeds

thanks for reading hope you can help

Gordon

strings, search next time.
    Μολὼν λαβέ - Great spirits encounter heavy opposition from mediocre minds.

post your MAC and your passphrase for your wpa, perhaps someone will notice some equation to solve it

Quote Originally Posted by godyboyuk View Post
    (which showed me how to crack wep in minutes)
    And the title mentions a WPA key. Which is it? The commands are quite different for each...

-Stephen

Edit: and to answer the question in the title "what tools are there in BT", try search google for "Aircrack" and using that, though it seems you already answered your own question by watching Xploitz vid...

According to another thread, the SKY pass phrase for WPA is spawned from the MAC address of the AP, He's asking how to figure that out. As I believe there is a formula to calculate the pass phrase from the AP MAC.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/index.php?news=783

^^you can tell that was written by someone who lacks the required Google skills

So to be blunt and answer your problem, there is not any tools within backtrack to work that specific calculation out, using that method, how ever there are many other tools you may use to assist you in cracking any WPA pass phrase.

If you are genuine and actually own a SKY AP you should possibly be able to figure this out by yourself. As I do not own a SKY AP nor do I know anyone who does, I am unable to help you

[B]what tools in backtrack are there for finding sky wpa keys from the mac address?[/B]

iv tried to attack my own sky router but couldnt be bothered doing a full install i just ran it of the live cd and went through xploitz excellent vids (which showed me how to crack wep in minutes)

i will be doing a full install soon when i get another sata drive so i dont need to worry about boot loaders etc

oh my hardware is a dell lattitude d620 and im using the alfa usb wifi adapter with both the 2db and 9 db antenna depending on situation

im leaving my key at default till i find out how easy it is to crack with the mac address then i will change it and start trying to attack it using xploitz video guide and i always login and check for rogue clients but never seen any on the occasions i have checked due to slow download speeds

thanks for reading hope you can help

Gordon

Just burned his ISO

well i am a genuine 16mb customer and i dont fancy posting up my mac address on these here forums lol no offence , i know its more or less code cracking i thought the excellent release of bt3 would contain such a tool i didnt want to ask if there was A tool/ program for it and get flamed for not knowing it was already in bt3!

i reckon its a pretty simple process i imagine something like the asci to hex convertors or as someone previously mentioned something about aircrack i am fairly new to actually having success thanks to xploits and my alfa usb adapter and as handy as i am with computer hardware etc linux im still fresh but learning quick , just wish there was more wep clients about so i could practise them all and learn the commands of by heart instead of watching xploits vid at the same time on my other laptop, but im getting there....

thing is it just worried me that it is apparently so easy to find the default passphrase via the mac on my router yet some heacy searching on here and google only leads me to the news reports i have already seen ..... quite a few people i know have taken up the sky deal as most folk do have sky round here due to lack of cable and the price for the package deal is pretty good i must say so iv already warned friends and family but im still leaving mines in the default state as a sort of honeypot but im in a very quiet area so i guess i wont find many having a go at my router, not too fussed if they do as theres nothing important on that side of my network
    my main network consists of the media centers the server and xbox360's wii's and ps3's all linked upto a switch which i will only connect to the internet periodically to download updates as i dont use any of the consoles online play functionality we have plenty fun here when we have the time

oh and i did try searching here as someone mentioned i should have hence why i posted as my search terms were too short and i wasnt coming up with much

once the algo is posted what is stopping anyone up and down the country using it to connect to any default sky router

Hmm, we dont condone that.

Practice on your own AP.

well i am a genuine 16mb customer and i dont fancy posting up my mac address on these here forums lol no offence , i know its more or less code cracking i thought the excellent release of bt3 would contain such a tool i didnt want to ask if there was A tool/ program for it and get flamed for not knowing it was already in bt3!

i reckon its a pretty simple process i imagine something like the asci to hex convertors or as someone previously mentioned something about aircrack i am fairly new to actually having success thanks to xploits and my alfa usb adapter and as handy as i am with computer hardware etc linux im still fresh but learning quick , just wish there was more wep clients about so i could practise them all and learn the commands of by heart instead of watching xploits vid at the same time on my other laptop, but im getting there....

thing is it just worried me that it is apparently so easy to find the default passphrase via the mac on my router yet some heacy searching on here and google only leads me to the news reports i have already seen ..... quite a few people i know have taken up the sky deal as most folk do have sky round here due to lack of cable and the price for the package deal is pretty good i must say so iv already warned friends and family but im still leaving mines in the default state as a sort of honeypot but im in a very quiet area so i guess i wont find many having a go at my router, not too fussed if they do as theres nothing important on that side of my network
    my main network consists of the media centers the server and xbox360's wii's and ps3's all linked upto a switch which i will only connect to the internet periodically to download updates as i dont use any of the consoles online play functionality we have plenty fun here when we have the time

oh and i did try searching here as someone mentioned i should have hence why i posted as my search terms were too short and i wasnt coming up with much

Quote Originally Posted by merlin051 View Post
    Hmm, we dont condone that.

Practice on your own AP.
    I have to agree with merlin051, you shot yourself in the foot there lol, if you so badly want to practice all the different ways of cracking wep/wpa, then just go on ebay & buy a cheap netgear router & hook it up & test it, Problem sorted

Developer

just wish there was more wep clients about so i could practise them all and learn the commands of by heart
    I just sent you a PM with the only warning you will ever get. The next time you mention behavior like this I will buy you a one way ticket on the ban bus.