Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sickness - Password Sniffing with SSLStrip.

Hybrid View

Default Sickness - Password Sniffing with SSLStrip.

Ok my last movie with ettercap was basic. You guys told me to make one with SSLStrip so I have.
    Have fun !

Blip.tv: http://blip.tv/file/4059992
    BLOG: http://sickness.tor.hu/?p=82
    Last edited by sickness; 08-29-2010 at 10:49 PM.

Default Re: Sickness - Password Sniffing with SSLStrip.

I'm not going to really comment on the content side if things as I have only given it a quick glance over... but..
    Good video quality, this should be the minimum quality that people do their video's in. So thanks for that.
    Hosting, great. It's fast, no loss in quality and gives people the opportunity to download and keep it for reference in various formats. Exactly what we wanted.

Now for the negatives,
    You go too fast, you type a command and people don't really get a chance to see the command you typed before you have hit enter. Add a little pause of a couple of seconds before you hit the enter key so they have chance to see what you typed so they can replicate what you are doing at home.
    You don't really give an explanation of what you are doing or why you are making those selections (what does each part that you selected do and why did you select the ones you did.
    If people are to understand what you are doing then they need those things.

So good work on the video's
    None of that is a criticism it is guidance for future ones.

Follow that guidance and you could be producing great quality video tutorials that have the potential to teach very complicated material in a simple easily followed and understood manner.

Keep it up

Thank you very much for the advice I will try to keep that in mind for my next video !

Pretty cool.

Just some extra advice for the next video:

1. It might be easier on the viewer to open a new tab in konsole and type your narration there in an editor (like nano), so you don't have to backspace each line and retype. Or, have the narration already typed and just highlight it as you go.

2. Some minor editing. A few seconds here and there surprisingly add up in the end, and can shave some time off the video.

3. Maybe some background music? This is just my personal preference, but it makes it more enjoyable for the viewer than 5 or so minutes of silence.

Good luck!

Or maybe you should use 'ctrl + U' to clean the command line.

Yes I know about ctrl+u but I'm used to just backspace.

Just a thought here, but maybe posting the commands used would be good also.
    "I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Albert Einstein

*original post censored to protect the stupid (i.e., me)*

/lasteditipromise Lol, stupid. I had --to-ports instead of --to-port. Works now.

Couple of questions: Any tips for grepping the logins out of the log file? I logged into gmail and facebook on the target machine and there is so much raw data in the log that its really difficult to track down exactly the info I want without getting two full screens of extraneous gibberish. It did successfully capture both of the logins, it just took me 15 minutes to find it in there. Obviously grepping what I know to be the password works quickly, but that kind of defeats the purpose.

Second, is there a way to make ARPspoof re-arp the target after you stop the attack the way Ettercap tries to do? My target machine can't connect to the internet post-attack without running a sudo arp -d -a in a terminal. Seems like it would be sort of a giveaway in the real world. When I've played around with MITM stuff using Ettercap in the past the transition from ARP spoofing to stopping the attack was more or less transparent.
    Last edited by clutch; 02-16-2010 at 11:00 PM.

Well for the grep thing you can use words like "email, loggin, password" and I like to cut all the log in Kate, it makes it easy for the words to be found.
    And the re-arping I'm not sure why that happens, when you hit ctrl+c the victim still get's a few ARP's before it stops and I didn't have this trouble with it. Anyway I will check it out and let you know tomorrow

Good friend of the forums comaX's Avatar

Hi,as your doing this on your network, with your passwords, you should be able to find them, just by searching for them. I tried some and here is what you should search for in case you don't know the pass :
    facebook pass=YOURPASS
    gmail passwd=YOURPASS
    hotmail idem
    yahoo idem

enter one of those to search, then press F3 until you get to what you wanted ;)

Hope this helps !

PS : could also be "pwd="

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast