Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AP Password Cracking

Default AP Password Cracking

Is there like a general tutorial that shows you what to do in what situation. The tutorials that Xploitz made were very eductional. Here is an example: I changed my router security to WEP and tried cracking it. There was no clients connected and I followed Xploitz guide , but after about 30 minutes I only collected 300 IV's. I am assuming I was doing something wrong because I would get certain messages that I wish I would have wrote down. So I guess what I am asking if there is a guide for Aireplay and different error messages that may come along.
    I hate Google.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortifix View Post
    Is there like a general tutorial that shows you what to do in what situation. The tutorials that Xploitz made were very eductional. Here is an example: I changed my router security to WEP and tried cracking it. There was no clients connected and I followed Xploitz guide , but after about 30 minutes I only collected 300 IV's. I am assuming I was doing something wrong because I would get certain messages that I wish I would have wrote down. So I guess what I am asking if there is a guide for Aireplay and different error messages that may come along.

It's a bit vague....? If you have followed -=Xploitz=- tutorials, then they should work, I always at the weekend test my skills again & again & start off on wep64, 128, client/clientless wpa-psk, airolib-ng just to keep it in my head.
    Last sunday, I done 64/128 wep clientless in 10 mins, you need to be using the correct commands. If your getting errors, or after 30mins, can you post here what exact commands your using?

Just burned his ISO

I had a smiliar effect, i followed Xploitz video guide and i managed to crack 128 WEP on my own main AP. I have got 2 spare test wireless APs, set them up with 128 WEP. The 2 spare APs have nothing at all connected to it and i got minimal IVs on both. I am going to do some further testing on weekend but i just got a little confused. The only main difference i had between my main AP and the 2 test APs i have is that the main one had a Internet connection connected to it.

Well I watched Xploitz guide and I copied all the commands down exactly, change the BSSID's of course, but everything else was correct. Ok so there was no computers connected to the AP. I did aireplay attack 1 and authenticated ACK (dunno what ACK is) and then I started attack 3. Nothing was really happening so I connected my other PC to the router and I started getting a lot of packets, but not IV's.
    I hate Google.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie126 View Post
    I had a smiliar effect, i followed Xploitz video guide and i managed to crack 128 WEP on my own main AP. I have got 2 spare test wireless APs, set them up with 128 WEP. The 2 spare APs have nothing at all connected to it and i got minimal IVs on both. I am going to do some further testing on weekend but i just got a little confused. The only main difference i had between my main AP and the 2 test APs i have is that the main one had a Internet connection connected to it.
    As long as you have faked your mac address using macchanger, & if you get it correctly dumping to your AP, then It WILL inject

Soon as you get sucessfully faked onto your ap using
    aireplay-ng -1 0 command this should get you started good & then use the CHOP CHOP command
    aireplay-ng -4 -h & you should be flying in no time & then obviously the
    packetforge-ng -0 command & last but not least the
    aireplay-ng -2 -r

I hope this helps a bit?

I did aireplay attack 1 and authenticated ACK (dunno what ACK is) .
    DUDE, I DONT EVEN KNOW WHY IM TELLING YOU THIS BUT HERE IT IS ANYWAYS http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACK_%28computing%29
    I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU READ UP A BIT MORE BEFORE ATTEMPTING

Very comical that there are those who are trying to crack AP's and don't know the protocol basics. Like a brain surgeon who skipped Human Anatomy 101
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Yea swc666, the problem is they lack knowledge and most likely any kind of ethics or integrity. They may learn to just "do it" but will they know when to stop. What is to far. Where is the line. They dont know.
    <EeePc 1000HA BT4/W7 USB boot Alfa500 GPS BlueTooth>

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    Very comical that there are those who are trying to crack AP's and don't know the protocol basics. Like a brain surgeon who skipped Human Anatomy 101
    I don't know. I try to fix my plumbing all the time but I don't know the first thing about it. Then I call a professional after I've made a proper mess of things and my wife is about to blow her top.

Well the reason I don't know what ACK is is because there really is no point in knowing besides the fact of broading your knowledge. And no Swc666 its not like a brain surgeon who skipped human anatomy because if I mess something up no one will die. We all learn different ways and the way I learn is by seeing if I can do it first...and if I can I learn all the ins and outs (i.e. what I was asking in this post) and if I can't do it...I say screw it and move on, and dear god please don't speak to me about ethics.
    I hate Google.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast