Thread: Best ASUS Method?

Just burned his ISO

Default Best ASUS Method?

Hi,

I want to install BT3 as a real installation into the Asus EEE PC. I want to use an SD Card if possible and no USB key, as its something to knock off the unit. The unit I'll be getting is probably the 4GB unit.

Any links or ideas'? I've searched round here, but to no avail. The Asus Threads are huge and I can't pin point exact links.

Many Thanks,

ironclaw

Just burned his ISO

Default Eeepc

I did exactly this - it works great. Search the "working hardware" forum for my discussion about it.

Just burned his ISO

Smile

Thanks for the reply. Has anyone compiled all that discussion into a single page? For Newbies its hard to keep up. I've been using BT for 2yrs now and even I can't get my head around it!

Developer

I have posted the way I did it numerous times around the forum. Since I'm bored at work though I will write it again for you. Give me a sec.

EDIT: New Asus post in the tutorial section.

Just burned his ISO

Some one said EEE PC is a toy.
    Not worthy of investment.
    Do you buy a eeepc just for running BT3???
    My english is poor.Cause of my vocabulary is poor.If you don't understand what I say, I just say "Sorry....."
    看得懂这行字的,发个论坛短信大家交流一下吧~

Developer

It is not meant to be a main laptop or anything. I'm a computer dork so I love stuff like this. Is it a "toy" is a relative term. Yes its a toy however it has a wide range of useful purposes for pentesting. Do I write school papers on it? No. Do I take notes on it? yes. Is is a ph33rsome Wi'Fu machine? yes. Is it my only machine? of course not.

Just burned his ISO

But it is a toy that not worth buying
    My english is poor.Cause of my vocabulary is poor.If you don't understand what I say, I just say "Sorry....."
    看得懂这行字的,发个论坛短信大家交流一下吧~

Developer

Once again whether it is worth buying or not depends on what you are using it for. If you have some extra cash and love gadgets and hardware like me then YES but if your about to spend your rent money on it then NO.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Once again whether it is worth buying or not depends on what you are using it for. If you have some extra cash and love gadgets and hardware like me then YES but if your about to spend your rent money on it then NO.
    Amen I think to this one and your other in regards to the eepc

It should be obvious that you may be able use this thing for certain applications like doing an initial pen-test somewhere but it will probably not replace your full size laptop for further testing purposes.
    But if you just happen to have it in a bag or pocket then you can easily pull it out and do a bit of reconnaissance or whatever.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.