Thread: Belkin N1 Expresscard, disappointment

Just burned his ISO

Default Belkin N1 Expresscard, disappointment

20 Minutes ago i bought the Belkin N1 ExpressCard v.1113yy, my built in 3945abg has a much better range, and for the drivers not much configuration can be done there.

Haven't had time to try it in Backtrack yet though but read that people have had different results there. However, since range is most important for me just for now, i'm considering turning it back.

At the moment i use 3 different wireless cards, the famous intel pro wireless 3945abg, usb dongle linksys wusb54gc and this new ExpressCard. Since i bought my last computer i can not use my old favorite netgear wg511gt.

Does anyone have any tips for me how i can enhance this performance or something like that?

If range is most important for you right now, have you considered the Alfa 500mW USB (AWUS036H) - or must you have a cardbus card??

This Alfa will, imho, provide you with possibly one of the best "out of the box" ranges, compared to many other cards, without going the high dbi external antenna route.

It uses an rp-sma connector anyway, with a little 2dbi (iirc?) antenna on it, so adding a decent antenna at a later date is also a possibility

My own personal experience is that it's a great device, works in BT3 Beta happily and has a significant improvement on range compared to built-in IPW3945 and also over many other cards I've compared it to (again without adding high gain antennas to any of them)

(I've moved this thread to the Wireless section )

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the reply and moving the thread. As for now, range is my highest priority.

Thanks for the tip, how about prices and injection rates in the aircrack suite?

I too have the Belkin N1 Card fully working in BT2 and BT3 Beta and yes the range does suck. My D-link G-122 USB adapter gets better range then this ExpressCard.