Thread: Got my ATI drivers working but no WIFI (RTL8187) and need help with kernel

Default Got my ATI drivers working but no WIFI (RTL8187) and need help with kernel

Hello. I've managed to get my ATI drivers to work as i needed to recompile the kernel from source which i'd downloaded (kernel.lzm). Now i rebooted and it went fine my direct rendering was enabled, and i fount out my WIFI hadn't been installed :-(. I fount out the latest kernel had the driver's a part of the kernel. Sooooooo i tried downloading the latest kernel from kernel.org. I followed the readme and it updates lilo.conf with an error (summat to do with LBA). I rebooted it loads lilo but not backtrack :-((((((. Allllllll i want to do is have my ATI drivers to work correctly and my WIFI too, and with the latest kernel. I really need some support as i'm constantly reinstalling BT3 and trying to install the latest kernel. Really need help.

Please help me people.

Phill

Which one exactly? RTL8187L or RTL8187B?
    RTL8187L: There are support for it, look for Alfa AWUS036H on the forums.
    RTL8187B: Maybe you should try installing wireless-2.6 git package.

It's the RTL8187L. I've got it working with the kernel version that backtrack 3 BETA come's with. Even if i use the configuration that works with the latest kernel it doesnt wanna know. What i'm using now is fine the only problem is the time it takes to boot up 'ACPI needs be disabled in the kernel i think' But when i recompile it again i lose my drivers for my ALFA card. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.lol.