Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do you find what card you have

Just burned his ISO

Red face how do you find what card you have

hopeing someone will help me today , yesterday i posted ""packet injection is only working with ap's that are not secure
    i have two ap's that i setup myself when i run command aireplay-ng --test ath1 it says injection is working and get's about 83% on the ap thats not secure and 0% on the one that is not sure whats happen or why it will not work ? please hlp"" with the reply of ""Knowing what card and chipset you had would probably not help at all so don't bother telling us. Thanks we will use ESP and get back to you."" very helpfull dont you think anyways could someone tell me how one would go about finding this info out plz

Developer

If you don't even know what kind of wifi card you are using how can we help you. I was being sarcastic because its absolutely ludacris to think we can help you with out knowing some basic information.

In the words of the prez98: Crap in = Crap out

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by rotceh_dnih View Post
    hopeing someone will help me today , yesterday i posted ""packet injection is only working with ap's that are not secure
    i have two ap's that i setup myself when i run command aireplay-ng --test ath1 it says injection is working and get's about 83% on the ap thats not secure and 0% on the one that is not sure whats happen or why it will not work ? please hlp"" with the reply of ""Knowing what card and chipset you had would probably not help at all so don't bother telling us. Thanks we will use ESP and get back to you."" very helpfull dont you think anyways could someone tell me how one would go about finding this info out plz
    Holy lack of punctuation and information, Batman.

How about you re-read that and actually give some real information.

Other than that, you can run along and update your bebo page that the people over here were mean to you.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

man i understand im not very helpfull but i just dont know how to find what sort of card it is like do i have do pull it out of my laptop and read the chipset or can i just run some sort of command that tells me everything that i need to know

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

"There all gonna laugh at you!"

But seriously rotceh_dnih can you at least look at the documentation that came with your laptop or computer ?
    It might just tell ya. Can you see the wireless card? Do you have to plug it in?
    Maybe try to be more specific in what type of computer you have.

Or maybe you could do a dmesg and post the output here. Then maybe someone will help you out.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Developer

I replied to your PM rotceh_dnih,

Just post the make and model of your computer and maybe someone will do your research for you.

Just burned his ISO

ok is a dell d400i put the wifi card in myself it sets under my keybord the card reads on the chipset atheros ar5213a-00 is this any help?

Developer

That card should work with the madwifi drivers.

Just burned his ISO

oh and i got the card out of a pci card that was a gigabyte GN-WPEAG

Just burned his ISO

yeah that the funny thing i got the madwifi drivers and still no avail
    unless i dont have them installed the right way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast