Thread: How to beat Mac Filtering

Just burned his ISO

Default How to beat Mac Filtering

Hello im a complete newbie when it comes to cracking wireless keys and i have this problem i tried to crack my wireless router but it wouldnt work unless i set my cards mac address to an accepted mac address. My question is this if you are not connected to the network how do you beat mac filtering? Ive looked all over the internet and cant seem to find a good tutorial. If you dont want to type out a tutorial i understand but if you can at least point me in the direction of a good tutorial that would be great.

Regards, Tototime

Developer

No tutorial needed only a little common sense. So I want to crack a network during a pen test that has mac filtering enabled. Well I can still use airodump and see the Access Point and all the machines connected to it. I would take note of all the macs connected to the network. Then later on when they were not online, like non-office hours then I could use mac changer switch my mac and crack the wep key. After that one could crack the router and add ones self to the aproved mac list for a "backdoor" for further testing.

Just burned his ISO

Default ok but

when i go on airodump all it shows is the bssid how do i find a mac address with airodump?

Just burned his ISO

MOD EDIT: Religious material removed.

A simple bit of googling on BSSID & SSID produced a link to mpirical com:

Read what it says about Infrastructure networks

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

wtf is moderated member?

I haven't done any wifi stuff in a while so correct me if this has changed.
    When you run airodump it shows the AP statistics at the top and at the bottom is shows the connected clients associated with that AP. You will simply have to wait until you find a client that gets on before you will get an unfiltered MAC address. If your wondering about when it doesn't show the MAC address its because whoever or wherever they are, you are not close enough to them to pick up thier packets. This is typical with clients connected to the AP depending on where they are because thier card usually doesn't have a signal as strong as the AP itself.

I really suggest for most of the people who plan on using aircrack to go to thier site it has almost every answer along with several video tutorials that take you step by step with clientless AP's and AP's that have clients connected.

I personally prefer doing it the hard way with no clients. Even when some are connected.

Heres the main site:

http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php

It contains all sorts of info: drivers, wireless cards, compatability, updates, tutorials, etc...