Thread: TUTORIAL: Saving embedded flash/videos in firefox

Post TUTORIAL: Saving embedded flash/videos in firefox

TUTORIAL

Welcome
    I thought i would contribute with my first tutorial though many of the members here will probably already know this, but newer members may welcome this little tip!

The idea came to me as so many members often ask how can they save the flash video for local viewing.....

How to save flash and other videos or media from firefox without extra tools!

This can be very usefull when viewing online flash (*.swf) tutorials etc.

This is based on .swf files......

1. Navigate to the desired site that plays the video.

2. Click "Tools" then "Page Info"

Click the tab "Media"

you will then see a list under "Address", scroll down and under the column "Type" you will see "Embedded" (this is flash video)

NOTE: there may be more than one embedded file, depends on flash objects etc)

4. highlight this embedded item and click "Save As"
    (notice the .swf extension)
    5. Give it a desired file name, click save and Voila!

This will also work with flash games, flash ads and other media!

Enjoy & thanks for showing your interest

thegreo
    Give credit & show appreciation for members creations,

nice tip, thanks

I've been using the DownloadHelper extension but I may just uninstall it now and use this method.

cheers
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Just burned his ISO

Hi I'm a brand new member so feel free to correct me if I'm talking out of my behind. Also sorry if I seem like a bit of an a-hole by saying this. I'm kinda drunk so feel free to reply in the contrary. This post looks a little cracker-ish. Doesn't seem to have any relevance as far as network security goes or pen-testing. Try it with Wireshark. At least that will give you a good entree into network admin.

Quote Originally Posted by }{-trmn8r View Post
    Hi I'm a brand new member so feel free to correct me if I'm talking out of my behind. Also sorry if I seem like a bit of an a-hole by saying this. I'm kinda drunk so feel free to reply in the contrary. This post looks a little cracker-ish. Doesn't seem to have any relevance as far as network security goes or pen-testing. Try it with Wireshark. At least that will give you a good entree into network admin.
    Although you're slightly correct about the relevance (not posted in the correct sub-forum IMO), I have no clue wtf the point was to the rest of your post
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

This is a good tip thegreo. I can get rid of this Grab++ crap I've been using. Opens to many connections to Japan. Thx.
    <EeePc 1000HA BT4/W7 USB boot Alfa500 GPS BlueTooth>

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Originally Posted by }{-trmn8r View Post

thegreo =The idea came to me as so many members often ask how can they save the flash video for local viewing....
    This is what the op originally stated and if you would look around these forums you would see that this question has been asked by several people.

So to the op thanks for posting the tutorial.

As for the relevance,
    The videos could be from those here that make them so others may learn.
    And it is nice to have them stored locally for offline viewing.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

absolutely archangel.amael the whole purpose for the post was because people were always asking how they can save it view it locally or if they forget the link etc..... i dont think we need to tell you again lol (directed to a certain new member)

Again it just seems that certain members just cant help themselves posting such irrelovent time wasting posts, im sure i dont have to mention names i dont want to waste my breath.

also thanks to peppersghost, sw666, .lonewolf and other members who have viewed this thread so far. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

This is nice but it doesn't work for all websites. Such as blip.tv links can not be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Denv View Post
    This is nice but it doesn't work for all websites. Such as blip.tv links can not be saved.
    You can download directly off blip.tv.
    Bottom left hand corner>this episodes permalink>files and links> and choose you're format.
    <EeePc 1000HA BT4/W7 USB boot Alfa500 GPS BlueTooth>

Quote Originally Posted by The_Denv View Post
    In some instances you are right, some websites dont work this way, as my tutorial is only based on .swf files third party programs/software may have to be used.