Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tutorials & Guides in next release of Back | Track

Just burned his ISO

Default Tutorials & Guides in next release of Back | Track

sup everyone,

I was thinking that if and when the next release of backtrack is being compiled that maybe you can put in a gathering of all the Tutorials & Guides
    of the most common questions. That way if people don't have access to another box to do searches on common questions they will just have it at their finger tips. without having to go back to winblows or whatever other OS they use, or have to keep printed out docs.
    If you want to include a Tutorials & Guides section on BT3 I will be willing to help make a html script with some anchors or however you want it done to have as many Tutorials as possible in there so everything can be static.

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

i think it's pretty bad idea...let me explain my position

bactrack is not intended as a newbee standalone OS

it's a pentest oriented distro, so if user is even not able to connect to internet and come here finding info that are missing to him, it's not only a newbee to BT it's a newbee to Linux...
    and he must learn linux before all...so i advise some more "easy distro" like mandriva....

The whole documention on BT will be a newbee hacking skool, and bt is not that but a fantastic toolbox for confirmed pentesters....

i mean newbee must have to do the effort of learning basic linux and to look for useful infos before starting using BT...

this is my opinion only and these words may shock some ppl but i really think spoonfeeding is a bad thing....LONG PATH....BIG LESSONS...BIG KNOWLEDGE....
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Junior Member imported_soultaker666's Avatar

And the difference between this forum having the answers or a tutorial&guides section on the distro would be different how? If people need an answer or are searching for something chances are they will find it on here.. I just don't see a difference with this site and an added package on the distro..
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    ....LONG PATH....BIG LESSONS...BIG KNOWLEDGE....

Hell Shaman, I'm still learning. No one held my hand when I first got involved in this scene. Me, myself, and Google were my only spoonfeeders. All of these tools have the potential to be used for "Black Hatting", and I say the harder it is for no0bies to figure out how to use them, the less likely they will be used for mischief. If you have a brain, you can figure them out all on your own..it's not that difficult to learn how to use them. If you wanna learn..you'll have patience...if you just wanna crack WEP to impress your friends..thats all you'll learn. Take it to the next level and learn how to be an ethical hacker...and then and only then...will you be in our world. And its a long, hard road to get there. Lots of studying, lots of time consumption, and LOTS of patience.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

well i think we do not need to spoonfeed all newbees....but the newb have to learn by themselves to use bt toolbox....
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    well i think we do not need to spoonfeed all newbees....but the newb have to learn by themselves to use bt toolbox....
    I agree with ya Niko..look what happened with me teaching antihaxer...big mistake that took a big ass hunk out of my trust in no0bies.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

ok i know i have no place here, cuz im a relatively a newbie...but, before i stared using backtrack i had not even seen linux before, so what did i do? i learned. after i had a general idea of what linux was how it worked then i came back to backtrack and tried to do what i was going to do before. i kno i dont know anything compaired to the senior members of the forum, but im learning. what im trying to say is backtrack shouldnt be the place where noobs start. placing tuts on the os doesnt soing right to me, i think the person should be doing the research themselves....

my oppinion

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyPoo View Post
    placing tuts on the os doesnt soing right to me, i think the person should be doing the research themselves....

i mean doesnt sound right

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by soultaker666 View Post
    And the difference between this forum having the answers or a tutorial&guides section on the distro would be different how? If people need an answer or are searching for something chances are they will find it on here.. I just don't see a difference with this site and an added package on the distro..
    there would be a BIG difference. I agree with shamen. Backtrack is meant for security minded folks who understand it takes time,reading and a lot of patience to preform a legitimet penntest. I for one think its a bad idea to offer up to much how to. If youll notice most of the vunerabilities I discuss have long been patched and are for educational purpose only. I mean really if you cant figure most of this out you are in over your head. Im not into helping script kiddies "hack" so the can get laid at the next frat party when they show some dumb ass cheerleaders how they can "crack" the school wep

I agree that adding the tutorials to the distro is a VERY BAD idea !

why ?

Backtrack is a distro for pentesters and security minded individuals, by adding tutorials to the distro, you would be turning it into just yet another tool for the script kiddies. Personally I do not want to see Backtrack fall into that category.

Just my $0.02

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast