Thread: New User!

Just burned his ISO

Default New User!

Hello, I've been browsing this forum for awhile. Interested in testing my own wireless internet penetration. I have BT installed on a boot and sucessfully able to boot it up. I've been toying with it for awhile and it seems I can't get the internet to work on it. As of now I have a cable modem that hooks into my computer through a jack.
    I bought a router off newegg which will get here in a day or so I can put DD-WRT on it.

I am unable to find a way to access my internet through my cable modem. I'm a quick learner and after I get internet on BT then I can read some tutorials.

You hate a static DNS server/Gateway defined?

run dhcpcd on your network card?
    wtf?

Just burned his ISO

Can you give me a quick run down on how to do that? Sorry, I'm new to linux but if I get the internet running I can read tutorials to help better understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sware View Post
    Can you give me a quick run down on how to do that? Sorry, I'm new to linux but if I get the internet running I can read tutorials to help better understand it.
    You have internet running now, so there is nothing stopping you reading those tutorials and other threads and posts now rather than asking to be spoonfed the answers.

ifconfig interface up
    iwconfig interface mode managed essid "networkname" key if any
    ifconfig interface up
    dhcpcd interface
    Dell Inspiron E1705
    Geforce 7900 series graphics card
    2G of ram
    120G harddrive
    Dualcore