Thread: Key Found!

Just burned his ISO

Default Key Found!

Hello! English is not my first language so please forgive me if I dont express correcctly.
    Ok, i want to tell you people a little story. I love computers, and my brother knows it. We are continually betting, like i bet you cant write a program that does this, i bet you cant do that etc.
    Yesterday he created an AP. He comes to me and says i bet you cant get in my AP. I say sure i can (he didnt know i have bactrack as my ally, stupid of him ). So i get to it. I boot my BT3 live cd and start the penetration, using aircrack, aireplay, airodump etc. This is not the first time i crack WEP's, this is not the first time i use linux (i'm writing in the newbie area because ive just registeredin the forum ¬¬) so i know what im doing.
    I have the laptop running all night, and the this morning the key is found.
    HERE comes the problem. you see, ive found two tipes of keys in my WEP crackings: ASCII ones like:

KEY FOUND! [ 5A:30:30:31:33:34:39:36:45:43:45:43:36 ] (ASCII: Z0013496ECEC6
    Decrypted correctly: 100%

and decimal keys like:

KEY FOUND! [ 20:14:15:16:17 ]
    Decrypted correctly: 100%(it didnt showed me the ASCII value so i supposed watching the numbers, that they were decimal)

but the one i found this morning is like this:

KEY FOUND! [ 56:0C:CE:4E:B8:85:8F:6B:28:5E:50:CE:B6 ]
    Decrypted correctly: 100%
    ok, i can see this is hexadecimal too. But when i was using aircrack i specified that i wanted it to show me the ASCII value. What type of key is this?Its not ASCII. I tried converting that string of hex to decimal, but it isnt the password either.
    How can i know what type of password it is? i mean, when can i know when its ASCII or decimal? What password is this?

That would be all for now

I would really appreciate some help here. Thanks.

Developer

The key is the key no matter what format it is in it will still work. If you guys set the key then you should know what it is