Thread: 2WIRE wpa dictionary

Just burned his ISO

Default 2WIRE wpa dictionary

Ive been doing some reading, but I'm stumped. Is there a dictionary I can download or realistically make that covers 2WIRE's default passwords?

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

http[colon][backslash][backslash]www[dot]google[dot]com

I highly suggest you do some more reading about wireless networks.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by GOG333 View Post
    Ive been doing some reading, but I'm stumped. Is there a dictionary I can download or realistically make that covers 2WIRE's default passwords?
    http://www.phenoelit-us.org/dpl/dpl.html

I have a 2WIRE router. They do not have a default username or password. If your looking for a WPA list for every model of 2WIRE then you are in luck. Before my ex-HDD hit the floor I had 70+GB of rainbow tables that also included every 2WIRE router for example: 2WIRE089, 2WIRE624 etc etc. The file I think your looking for is roughly 30GB WPA Rainbow Table...it might have been the 7GB file im not sure. I dont know the exact link on where I got it as it was a year ago.

It was a torrent and I think it might have been a cowpatty file. I got it from a website that was not a torrent dedicated site, it held a few rainbow tables.. lm/ntlm etc. Anyway it listed every single 2WIRE for WPA

[searches a bit]

I think it was this 7GB file:[Torrent] 1000 SSIDs WPA-7GB-Church of Wifi

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

I hastily made a post here about the default passwords because i knew exactly of the site stated here by pureh@te: (there are others that can be found on google simply by searching default passwords.)

I rechecked this site and it has no 2WIRE passwords because 2WIRE does not use default passwords on thier routers.

I now have to think back on when i configured the 2WIRE router that i had configured at my work and remember that it asked for no such password. It's a 2700hg-b supplied by at&t.

I then started thinking about 2WIRE's ssid and it doesn't make sense compared to the model and started to wonder why... after a little research here I've discovered that 2WIRE's ssid is based on its serial number. 2WIRExxx where xxx is the last 3 numbers in the serial located at the bottom of your router.

The default router configuration address on the 2WIRE that I've had a personal experience with is 192.168.1.245. You may want to try that address and if its left at default you will get right in.

I have a 2WIRE router. They do not have a default username or password. If your looking for a WPA list for every model of 2WIRE then you are in luck. Before my ex-HDD hit the floor I had 70+GB of rainbow tables that also included every 2WIRE router for example: 2WIRE089, 2WIRE624 etc etc. The file I think your looking for is roughly 30GB WPA Rainbow Table...it might have been the 7GB file im not sure. I dont know the exact link on where I got it as it was a year ago.

It was a torrent and I think it might have been a cowpatty file. I got it from a website that was not a torrent dedicated site, it held a few rainbow tables.. lm/ntlm etc. Anyway it listed every single 2WIRE for WPA

[searches a bit]

I think it was this 7GB file:[Torrent] 1000 SSIDs WPA-7GB-Church of Wifi
    As for these default 2WIRE tables, I went to the site
    http://www.renderlab.net/projects/WPA-tables/
    and I see nothing thats 2WIRE specific on here at all which would lead me to believe that these tables can be used on anything WPA. I specifically remember that when i entered the credentials for WPA it asked for a passphrase and had nothing default pre-entered into these fields.

Basically all these are, are rainbow tables used to crack the WPA passphrase which is going to take a long time but still much quicker than Brute force.

You may want to try a few simple wordlists on this before you decide that the passphrase is much harder than anything that can be found in a wordlist before you decide to use these rainbow tables.

Also you may want to make sure that you download the correct tables. WPA or WPA2.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the help everyone. I really appreciate it!

Just burned his ISO

I was looking through that 7gig torrent and noticed that it doesnt cover every 2Wire SSID, and my SSID is one of the ones thats missing. I'd rather not change my SSID to do this, so is there a way to edit the hash files?

Quote Originally Posted by GOG333 View Post
    I was looking through that 7gig torrent and noticed that it doesnt cover every 2Wire SSID, and my SSID is one of the ones thats missing. I'd rather not change my SSID to do this, so is there a way to edit the hash files?
    Is changing your SSID for the sake of a test really that difficult?!

Use genpmk and make your own hash file based on your own personal SSID.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";