Thread: Wireless card/signal problem

Just burned his ISO

Default Wireless card/signal problem

Hey, I'm kinda curious why this wont work
    I'm using a Broadcom Wireless card which detects all the wireless signals near me but it will not detect my own. I'm not sure if its the encryption used on mine which is WPA-PSK (TKIP) on a 3800hgv b router its set on channel 9 but it will not find the signal (which is at 80% when using ubuntu or windows ) but when i look for my second router (trendnet) I can find the signal right away, with WEP encryption. Kismet or any of the wifi receivers can not detect the signal. I'm starting to think that the encryption used for the router will not let BT2 pick it up, but I've seen threads on "how to crack wpa" and ect so the BT must beable to detect this.. I've looked all threw the forums and google to find a solution but i have not resolved it yet. I'm positive that its not the network card or router it's self.

Has anyone else had this problem and came up with a solution ?

Does "airodump-ng -<INTERFACE>" find it?

Just burned his ISO

double post

Just burned his ISO

I tried that with many other things, its probley a glitch in how i installed BT2 or something..
    I used the live CD of BT3 and it worked fine.. It found it along with everything else

Quote Originally Posted by IconLenovo View Post
    Hey, I'm kinda curious why this wont work
    I'm using a Broadcom Wireless card which detects all the wireless signals near me but it will not detect my own. I'm not sure if its the encryption used on mine which is WPA-PSK (TKIP) on a 3800hgv b router its set on channel 9 but it will not find the signal (which is at 80% when using ubuntu or windows ) but when i look for my second router (trendnet) I can find the signal right away, with WEP encryption. Kismet or any of the wifi receivers can not detect the signal. I'm starting to think that the encryption used for the router will not let BT2 pick it up, but I've seen threads on "how to crack wpa" and ect so the BT must beable to detect this.. I've looked all threw the forums and google to find a solution but i have not resolved it yet. I'm positive that its not the network card or router it's self.

Has anyone else had this problem and came up with a solution ?
    So your router is on 'B'?

Thats your problem. I do not know which model of the Broadcom card set you are using as you have not told us the model. Assuming that your router is a 'B' router and not 'G' or 'A/B/G'...then the problem might be that your card is a 'G' card and it picking up everyone else who uses 'G' cards. You wont see your 3800HGV with that card as your card is looking for 'G' AP's whilst your router is broadcasting with 'B'.

Check to see if you can change your router to 'G' via the configuration page. I do not know why you are using old technology but everyone has their reasons I guess.

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

drop your brcm , it's shit .......

try a real card
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

That must be true... Do any of the 300 Mbps cards work with back|track? Just curious.
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    drop your brcm , it's shit .......

try a real card
    Yeah I read about that Broadcom suck alot so i've been researching in getting a new card with an atheroal chipset

I dual boot BT / Windows and i can see it threw windows but not in BT. I can see it in BT3 when i use the same machine with the live CD though.
    Im still not sure of the cause the trendnet router is using G though

stupid poopy Broadcom.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by The_Denv View Post
    I do not know why you are using old technology but everyone has their reasons I guess.
    it was embedded into my laptop when i got it from my parents a few years ago