Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metasploit Exploits

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Question Metasploit Exploits

Hi!!,
    If port 445 is open then metasploit exploit ms06_040_netapi would do the job. Similarly which is the best metasploit exploit for the following ports.

Is there any reference/guide/tutorials regarding metasploit exploits. Any kind of help will be appreciated. Your help is much needed.

That exploit should work for 2000 machine that are poorly patched and 2003 or XP machines if they are horrible mis-configured

Heres a link with video on running different metaspliot runs; [framework[/url][dot]metasploit[dot]com/msf/gallery

Just burned his ISO

People over here are finding it hard to understand me except for Kriss128 . I clearly and for sure do know which ports run which services. The point here is I'm not able to execute any attack on ports which are open(Example : If port 21 is open which is FTP I try to run an FTP exploit but do not succeed as my knowledge to metasploit is very limited). I don't know much about metasploit and I had asked for reference/guide/tutorials regarding metasploit exploits and not TCP/IP. Why does one follow another ones comment and writes on it blindly. Read the post and understand before you comment(Think Twice). Does my question look complicated??. Thank You Kriss128 for understanding and taking time to help me.

1) It's a technical forum, you can't open with a statement which is blatantly and obviously incorrect and expect technical people to believe that you know what you're talking about.

2) Just because a port is open DOES NOT mean it is vulnerable.

3) Knowledge of Metasploit isn't the issue. Your inability to exploit an FTP service has nothing to do with your knowledge (or lack thereof) of Metasploit. It has to do with you not having done all the necessary steps to identify the service and potential exploits associated with that service. ie: Great port 21 is open. Is it ACTUALLY FTP or is it something on a non-standard port? What specific FTP server is running? What specific version? What operating system is it running on top of? Did you check Secunia/Mitre(CVE)/BugTraq/etc, or product Changelogs etc to see if that server (software) and version are vulnerable to anything? Does Metasploit or Milw0rm etc list any exploits/proof of concepts for what you've encountered.

4) "Similarly which is the best metasploit exploit for the following ports?" Is an invalid question. Because:
    a) "Best" is qualitative not quantitative. Best for whom? Best to accomplish what?
    b) The "best" exploit for a given services is dependent upon much more then an open port. As mentioned in #2 and #3 above it depends on actual software, version, OS, etc.

5) "Is there any reference/guide/tutorials regarding metasploit exploits." yes there are, try practicing your google'fu.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

a quick training session of google'fu lead me to this

Metasploit Tutorial

remember little grasshopper, practice the antique martial art of google'fu and you will succed

this is no way of spoonfeeding, just a way to open the OP's eyes on SEARCHING FOR INFO before you ask
    "Family, Religion, Friends, those are the three demons you must face if you want to be successful in business"
    Montgomery Burns

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    1) It's a technical forum, you can't open with a statement which is blatantly and obviously incorrect and expect technical people to believe that you know what you're talking about.

2) Just because a port is open DOES NOT mean it is vulnerable.

3) Knowledge of Metasploit isn't the issue. Your inability to exploit an FTP service has nothing to do with your knowledge (or lack thereof) of Metasploit. It has to do with you not having done all the necessary steps to identify the service and potential exploits associated with that service. ie: Great port 21 is open. Is it ACTUALLY FTP or is it something on a non-standard port? What specific FTP server is running? What specific version? What operating system is it running on top of? Did you check Secunia/Mitre(CVE)/BugTraq/etc, or product Changelogs etc to see if that server (software) and version are vulnerable to anything? Does Metasploit or Milw0rm etc list any exploits/proof of concepts for what you've encountered.

4) "Similarly which is the best metasploit exploit for the following ports?" Is an invalid question. Because:
    a) "Best" is qualitative not quantitative. Best for whom? Best to accomplish what?
    b) The "best" exploit for a given services is dependent upon much more then an open port. As mentioned in #2 and #3 above it depends on actual software, version, OS, etc.

5) "Is there any reference/guide/tutorials regarding metasploit exploits." yes there are, try practice your google'fu.
    Hah... owned!
    There's no fate but what we make for ourselves.

-I already know I cant spel-

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs down hehehe

Kriss128 I did look at that link and it was quite good. Now no more holding back, Primey I almost forgot that the best place is always google and far more reliable unlike small dicked wiseguys waiting to vent out their frustration on u and proving themselves Gurus(All known wise guy) by trying to put others down. (I've seen this many times on other posts as well and is this what they call helping someone). They think that I'm using an exploit that is meant for Vulnerable XP machine and I'm using it to exploit a machine that runs windows 2000 that has open FTP port(Example). LOLOL. There's no point in talking/arguing with a fool because firstly he will say he knows everything and he's right. Secondly he will bring you down to his level and finally beat you with his experience. Sayonara.

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    5) "Is there any reference/guide/tutorials regarding metasploit exploits." yes there are, try practicing your google'fu.
    A big A-HA for moi !!! The 'fu is like Kung Fu....All this time I never really 'got it'... Wi-Fu, Google'fu... FU**in' A
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Not a problem. To make metasploit alot easier db_autopwn which phoenix910 stated. it automates all the exploits and payloads that are related to the ports and services running on target machine. Theres a video of that on the link I posted. And for your ftp attempt it be of not been the exploit but the paylod you used so try some different ones.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Kriss128 View Post
    Not a problem. To make metasploit alot easier db_autopwn which phoenix910 stated. it automates all the exploits and payloads that are related to the ports and services running on target machine. Theres a video of that on the link I posted. And for your ftp attempt it be of not been the exploit but the paylod you used so try some different ones.
    This is also a untrue statement. Metasploits autopawn function only tries the generic shell reverse payload. It does not go through every payload assosiated with every exploit. Thorin said it best, the original poster has no idea about versions, vendors, patches, POC and all the other things that go along with this kind of reasearch. Your exploit, whatever it is has to match the port, The software, The operating system, The version of the software and the payload must be a conceivable one. Even after all that it may still not work. Thats the ropes find another way in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast