Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: to see which internet I have?

Quote Originally Posted by sardinemaster View Post
    1) I do not think I am smart, I simply stated that I knew quite a lot about the brain, and reasoned this affirmation saying I am in med school.

2) The professors did let me poke patients, take a history, and collect vital signs the first day, attend operations as well as teaching me the basic anatomy in the same time. (Anticipating a possible question, I am at Oxford University.)

3) This "getting the foundations first" approach is quite wrong, at least in my learning style. I learn the difficult things WHILE learning the easy things. Basically, it helps me in applying my knowledge. A prime example:
    I was exposed to 4 languages at the same time at a very yound age, and didnt have a clue of what was going on, but started learning them all at the same time and now I can speak 4 languages fluently. (not trying to be smart it's just something that happened to me and that I was lucky enough to have).

So, if you could simply explain how to do it, or tell me where I can see how it is done, from there I will adapt the basic linux knowledge I already have to it, and understand it.

BTW, guess what the first thing I did in backtrack was? Break my WEP encrypted network. I just copied what other people did. Now is that going gradually? Nop, it's going straight into the hard, but then I tried understanding the commands I was putting in, and eventually I did. So, how about just feeding the command lines to me, and let me make sense of them? Then I will get back to you, and ask you if I am understanding them right.

Peace
    1) It came across as arrogant. If that isn't your intent, then fine, sometimes tone it hard to interpret in posts.

2) Let's just say that all that is a bit hard to swallow, unless British med schools are radically different in the manner in which they educate students. The professors I knew would be horrified at the thought of a first day med student anyway near a living patient.

3) Maybe your learning still is different, although linguistics at a young age may not be the best example, as recent studies seem to indicate that the brains in very young children have a natural aptitude for learning languages.

Breaking WEP is hardly any great shakes using BackTrack. In fact, it's remarkably simple.

Sorry, but I make it a habit never to spoon-feed answers. In my experience, the student learns nothing that way except perhaps how to get others to do his work. Buy the standard textbooks for pen testing and wireless, read those, and learn. (Ask nice though, and I might autograph any of mine for you. And to anticipate a possible question, yes, that is hubris. )
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Sorry, but I make it a habit never to spoon-feed answers. In my experience, the student learns nothing that way except perhaps how to get others to do his work. Buy the standard textbooks for pen testing and wireless, read those, and learn. (Ask nice though, and I might autograph any of mine for you. And to anticipate a possible question, yes, that is hubris. )
    Ooh, that reminds me.. I need to grab that one book and bring it down this weekend for an autograph.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Ooh, that reminds me.. I need to grab that one book and bring it down this weekend for an autograph.
    Of course, anytime! You know where to find me in the hotel.

Besides, it's always nice to meet the little people and adoring fans! <ducking>
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Yeah, I know one adoring fan that I'm gonna pay to give you a lap dance this weekend.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

I thought Streaks was a big amish guy
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Is this jumping on the Idiot Corner Bus or what?

@OP: Whois = WhoBe

War
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    @OP: Whois = WhoBe

War
    H'uh! What it isn't good for, absolutely nuttin'. you all...

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    H'uh! What it isn't good for, absolutely nuttin'. you all...
    Hehehe... it does come in handy at times to get people to realize how stupid they look by over-using the word 'peace' in all of their posts.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Quote Originally Posted by sardinemaster View Post
    ...so you can only bash me in the head with a stick...
    This is only from a layman's point of view - you, being a potential brain surgeon, could set me straight - but wouldn't you allowing someone to bash you in the brain be detrimental to you and your future earning potential?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast