Thread: Backtrack 2 laptop

Just burned his ISO

Default Backtrack 2 laptop

I have been trying for some time now to install Backtrack 2 onto my laptop but it will not work its getting very annoying... i have tried Dual boot everything it says its read only could someone please help

Cameron

Quote Originally Posted by beanard15 View Post
    I have been trying for some time now to install Backtrack 2 onto my laptop but it will not work its getting very annoying... i have tried Dual boot everything it says its read only could someone please help

Cameron
    You should follow the video muts has created. It's on our Wiki page.

If your getting a read-only error then you need to edit your 'lilo.conf' file. Please look at muts' video and also ALL the guides here on our forum. This question has been answered several times in many different fashions.

Just burned his ISO

Yeah i followed his Tutorial i have been reading through all the tutorials and the problems people have been having but its getting me no where and i will look at lilo see if that can help me

I have just looked through the lilo and it still says its read only is there another way of installing backtrack as this is not working... i dontknow if its the cd or the computer but something is not right

Cameron

Quote Originally Posted by beanard15 View Post
    Yeah i followed his Tutorial i have been reading through all the tutorials and the problems people have been having but its getting me no where and i will look at lilo see if that can help me

I have just looked through the lilo and it still says its read only is there another way of installing backtrack as this is not working... i dontknow if its the cd or the computer but something is not right

Cameron
    Without a print-out of your lilo and your installation setup, I cant help you. My best bet for you [at this moment] would be to format everything except your XP installation [if you have one], then follow the video muts created. Everything should work fine.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks i will try that does it need to be done through VMware?

Or can it be done through the live cd?

Because i am doing it through the live CD

Cameron

I followed the tutorial and it helped me alot.

Just burned his ISO

Hi,

Backtrack doesn't work on my laptop!
    Theres an error message when trying to start the system with the startx or flux command.
    It says that it can't find a card, my laptop has got a RADEON X1250 Onboard with shared memory

Just burned his ISO

The fact is that as i experienced the files should remain read-only.
    The first time i tried the dual boot i modified to read-write, but the result was an error(not very crucial) during the boot of bt2.
    So i left it read-only and simply added the lines for the windows selection:

other=/dev/hda1
    label=WinXp

An it works because it never gave problems.
    Definetely i must say that installing bt has been a rather easy operation, after having found the right procedure(most of the tutorials led me to reformatting!)