Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: access denied

Quote Originally Posted by coubury View Post
    I do know what backtrack is

i dont have a linux but im using the live cd to get it going
    It doesn't sound like you even have the CD booted yet. Unless you do, and your first post is then entirely unclear what security-related op you are trying to complete. If you haven't booted BackTrack yet,
    1. You don't run it under windows, unless in a Virtual Machine, which we won't do for the moment
    2. Google search "Burn ISO to disc", and follow it's instructions
    3. Either set your motherboard to boot from CD, or if that's already done, put the cd in the tray and restart your computer. If you don't know how to do this, use Google.
    4. Enjoy backtrack, but do one heck of a lot of reading, and I would start off with something simpler like Slax or Ubuntu, just to get the hang of linux, rather than starting with an advanced, professional Distro.

-Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    You don't have a clue what you are talking about here do you, now be honest.

Do you even know what linux is

I suggest you spend a few weeks reading the forum, books, google searches before you even attempt to boot BT, you will save yourself a lot of trouble.

dont try and make me out to be stupid

of course i know what i Linux is its an o/s

anyway i redownloaded the iso from the website and its now working!

SO you re-downloaded the iso and it's now working in Windows from the C:/ prompt??

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    SO you re-downloaded the iso and it's now working in Windows from the C:/ prompt??
    No

i pop the disc in and restart and and then after about 5 mins backtrack loads

when i log off i take disc out and turn on the pc and im back to xp

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    that one just made me laugh, and coubury, nobody is trying to "make you out stupid", its just that Backtrack is not your Average Joe distro, you need to have some Linux knowledge so you dont go slamming your head against a wall once you get it up and running
    "Family, Religion, Friends, those are the three demons you must face if you want to be successful in business"
    Montgomery Burns

Quote Originally Posted by coubury View Post
    No

i pop the disc in and restart and and then after about 5 mins backtrack loads

when i log off i take disc out and turn on the pc and im back to xp
    Glad to hear that you finally figured out what an ISO is and how to burn it. Enjoy!
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12