Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eeepc wondering

Default eeepc wondering

Iv been seeing eeepc ever where here and decide to google it and it looks pretty cool to have, very portable I was looking at one with 2 gigs of ram are they worth spending the money and is it easy to install backtrack 3 on or do you have to use a usb drive or one of the camera memory card (sryforgotthename). Thanks for the replies.
    Dell Inspiron E1705
    Geforce 7900 series graphics card
    2G of ram
    120G harddrive
    Dualcore

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

There are at least a dozen threads discussing this thing. When are you going to search before you post?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

I do use the search didnt find anything that I was looking for.
    Dell Inspiron E1705
    2G of ram
    120G harddrive
    Dualcore

Quote Originally Posted by GONZO View Post
    I do use the search didnt find anything that I was looking for.
    Bullpuckey.

You just didn't want to be bothered. I can see from the titles from several of these threads that your questions would be answered.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sea...archid=1042179
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sea...archid=1042179

This link would be the one to follow as streaker69 said

If you have been searching then you would see that several of the members of this forum myself included have the eeepc
    you would also note the various models and colors that others have.
    You would also have seen that muts one of the core bt developers has an eeepc with backtrack installed on it.
    This should have been all the info you needed!

I would stress that you did not search hard enough!

"search and you shall find"
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Thumbs down

I know there threads but why cant you guys be like "ya its worth it you should get it" or "I have one and its awsome its worth the money"
    instead of being alittle rude. I thought this is the kind of place to learn and make friends and not bing kicked in the ass forums.
    Dell Inspiron E1705
    2G of ram
    120G harddrive
    Dualcore

Quote Originally Posted by GONZO View Post
    I know there threads but why cant you guys be like "ya its worth it you should get it" or "I have one and its awsome its worth the money"
    instead of being alittle rude. I thought this is the kind of place to learn and make friends and not bing kicked in the ass forums.
    There is nothing wrong with trying to learn something new, but you need to show a little effort on your part.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Developer

I like friends but I have enough kids. I don't mind helping people but honestly streaker and archangel.amael are right. This topic has been exhausted. Personally I have typed out the specs of my set up over a dozen times. We are not being rude its just that you are never going to get any of this stuff if you can't use the search function. A simple search of "eeepc" came up with 28 threads on the matter all of which contain the info you requested. So to answer your questions "ya it's cool and worth it" but not for a main computer. Its is a portable quick tool for auditing networks. I love it but it is definitely a "extra" toy. I do look very l33t at starbucks though.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    I do look very l33t at starbucks though.
    Only to the morons that frequent starbucks.

Yea, they are nice. I'm holding out for a black 8g with the (is it the 8" or 9"?) bigger screen. Seems to be a high demand. This will look nice on the dashoard of my black FX2 running GPS. Cant wait.
    <EeePc 1000HA BT4/W7 USB boot Alfa500 GPS BlueTooth>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast