Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Pureh@tes newest creation

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    You wouldn't happen to be on the East Coast would you?? I couldn't get here almost all day yesterday.
    Work was being done to the server blame _______.
    Μολὼν λαβέ - Great spirits encounter heavy opposition from mediocre minds.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Barry I'm only a few hours from you and I couldnt get here all day yesterday but I think maybe they were doing some work on the servers. So since the thread has been resurected and seems at least one other person is interested I will document my progress. I totally rebuilt the router from scratch again because my sd card mod was shaky at best. So I totally redid it and I also found a web gui for my auto ap script. A 2 gig sd card is the largest i could get to work but it should be plenty of space. I canot get ipkg to download packages from the open-wrt site like it is supposed to but I have been manually down loading them and installing them after transferring to the sd card.

Now one may think installing these packages is easy (well at least I did) however imagine my dismay when I found out the whole router is a read only file system except /jffs which is to small to do anything and /mmc where my sdcard is mouted. This means I have to run a start up script every time the router boots adding /mmc and all sub directories to the path and also the library paths have to be made. To date this is what I have going

tcpdump
    arpspoof
    filesnarf
    mailsnarf
    dnsspoof
    macof
    msgsnarf
    sshmitm
    tcpkill
    tcpnice
    urlsnarf
    webmitm

Still working on the actual dsniff tool and nmap. Once I get those going i'll be going for some more stuff.

The theory behind it is that I will run all these tools at boot time and dump them all to logs. Then i plain to have the AP email them to me (until I think of a better way) when the reach a certain size.

Yea, ipkg has been broken in dd-wrt for a while. I got a script that you will love. Add this to the beginning of your startup scripts.

Code:
    mount --bind /mmc/jffs /jffs ;

next script ;

next script ;

yadda yadda
    Use the semi-colon to separate the scripts.

This is how I have a 2Gb jffs partition.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

This is all quite intriguing to me. I haven't had much time to post here recently with work and all, but I did get the gl in the mail a few days ago but have been too busy to plug it in and start updating the firmware for it. I was wondering about the sd card mod... I most likely will not do this myself because 1. I'm not the greatest with a soldering iron and 2. I wouldn't want to mess up my brand spanking new wireless router.

Anyways, I wanted to know if you had pictures of the sd card mod? and maybe a little insight on the actual difficulty it took to install.

What can actually be done to a gl without the sd card mod?

BTW, I ordered the antenna's from fab corp just the other day and I think its one of the best places to go. Everything was easy to find and from the looks of everything it has a lot higher quality than most at a decent price. Thanks a lot!

If your computer is connected to the network itself couldn't you just ftp the logs to a certain machine instead of the email? Just a thought as an alternative.

Developer

I wont lie to you the sd card mod is not to easy. I did mess up the pins on one router and had to get a new one. If you want to add any software to your router the sd card is almost mandatory. There are micro builds available which give you more space on your router however I stayed away from these because there was no ssh which I needed.

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Yes, I saw some of the micro builds but even with those I really wouldn't have room for other programs would I?

The micro builds don't offer everything that I'm interested in at the moment also, mainly RADIUS.

I was thinking about what wire you were trying to use while i was at work and I just happened to see some junk power supplies and wondered if those would be good for soldering?!? I know you probably want the thin guage wires for those tiny sd cards but I think the smaller wires for floppy drives might be just right.

As it happens, not just the wire from a floppy drive ribbon cable is very useful
    While doing my research I spotted this.
    I didn't use that method myself, but it seems that many people highly recommend it.

Developer

I actually used that method and it worked quite well. I use colored wires but I used that sort of clip for a reader. the syngres book on hacking the wrtg is a valuable reference for the sd card hack.

Developer

Exclamation w00t!!!!

So I just got nmap 4.53 working and I also got my router configured so I can use optware packages and open-wrt packages.

Next I'm going to try and install nano because I'm sick of this stupid VI editor.

Also got whois, net cat, open ssl and a host of other nettools.

Now for the fun part!!! the testing phase

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    As it happens, not just the wire from a floppy drive ribbon cable is very useful
    While doing my research I spotted this.
    I didn't use that method myself, but it seems that many people highly recommend it.
    VERY COOL... I never would have thought of that
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Just burned his ISO

haha bloody brilliant!

I'm gonna try that
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    A little hard work never killed anybody,
    but why risk it?
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast