Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pureh@tes newest creation

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by spankdidly View Post
    I have done this as well. It's a pretty sweet setup. However if you boost the signal over 200 you start getting bad packets and crazy stuff.
    I'm sure you realize this and pureh@te probably does as well knowing the business he's in, but anytime you start to amplify a signal, you're not only amplifying the signal, but you're also amplifying the noise. Too much, and the noise takes over the signal.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Developer

Yes I do streaker but thank you. It seems to be working good a 200mw and overclocked to 250hz. If I could just get this stupid SD card going this thing would be cool. APerently there seems to be a real lack of info on adding a sd card to the wrt54gL. If any one has any pics,links,advice or ridicule of my n00bness please reply

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Yes I do streaker but thank you. It seems to be working good a 200mw and overclocked to 250hz. If I could just get this stupid SD card going this thing would be cool. APerently there seems to be a real lack of info on adding a sd card to the wrt54gL. If any one has any pics,links,advice or ridicule of my n00bness please reply
    See if this helps.

http://www.netstumbler.org/f17/headl...r-0-2-a-19462/
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Developer

Thanks streaker. I've already studied all that. It does outline my problem is that This router uses a different giop than others. i found some pics of the L here
    about half way down. Its giop 5 thats different and I'm certain I did it right however obviously I did not.

Just a after thought. I used twisted pair wire for this. That should work right?

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

lol, that looks like a huge pain in the asster.

Are you soldering this?
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Thanks streaker. I've already studied all that. It does outline my problem is that This router uses a different giop than others. i found some pics of the L here
    about half way down. Its giop 5 thats different and I'm certain I did it right however obviously I did not.

Just a after thought. I used twisted pair wire for this. That should work right?
    Twisted pair is ok to use for this, problem is it's brittle, and can be hard to solder since the insulation will have a tendency to melt with too much heat.

Developer

yup. And is is a huge pain for a lousy 1 gig of mem.

yup. And is is a huge pain for a lousy 1 gig of mem.
    I would take apart an old VCR or something and use wire from that. I've had problems soldering that kind of wire (unfortunately, I have gobs of it). It breaks too easily. Kinda like the wire from the inside of nintendo controllers. Crap wire for soldering.

But when you get it working, it'll be a great feeling.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Developer

Or smoke the router which may be what I just did.

Or smoke the router which may be what I just did.
    Ah, put it all back together and return it. You took off the warranty seal with a hair dryer right? Er, I meant, it was broken out of the box right? Manufacturer defect?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast