Thread: Oxfordtec

Just burned his ISO

Angry Oxfordtec

I dont know if this is the correct place on the forum for this but seeing as a lot of Newbi's might be purchasing new equipment then perhaps it is.

I have attempted to buy I new mini PCI-E card for my new eeepc from a company called OXFORDTEC

OXFORDTEC is the worst company I have ever bought an item from. They attempted to increase the price of my GIGABYTE GN-WI07HT at the checkout by £1.00 and also the postage by 0.58. It took several phone calls and Emails to resolve this sneaky price increase.

Then 2 days later after paying for it on my credit card the package from OXFORDTEC came. Very disappointingly the item inside was completely different to what I had ordered although the invoice correctly stated the item I wanted.

Despite having sent the wrong part back to Oxfordtec they are now saying they have not received it. I tried to phone them up to complain but the person representing Oxfordtec said he was going to terminate the call.

So I have paid my money to them, paid myself to send them back an item they wrongly sent and still I don’t have anything that I have paid them for.

I paid for Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded which they claim is usually delivered within 1 to 2 days we are now 9 days down the line they have my money I have nothing.
    DON’T DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY

At least you have recourse via your CC company

Just burned his ISO

Have you looked on the RM website to see if its confirmed as delivered? If RM lost your parcel you are entitled to £35 compo from them.

And you can still go down the Credit Card route that Re@lity suggested.

So you could end up with compensation and a full refund also.
    Its just a hobby that I picked up in the lobby...

I recently bought a router from ebay.co.uk and got it delivered but it didnt work properly. Just to send it back I have to pay 20 EUR for returning an item in witch I lost arround 50 EUR in total. The best way is going to your local store nearby in your town and buy whatever they suply but witch is suported.