Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live CD Desktop Recorder

Just burned his ISO

Post Live CD Desktop Recorder

Hi to all,
    I am looking for a screen/desktop recorder for BackTrack 3 Live CD which would record everything and save the video. Can some one tell me which is the best (either free or paid) like Camtasia for Windows.

I've tryed Gtk recordmydesktop, Demo Recorder, Xvidcap and Istanbul. The first two are unrealiable, Xvidcap gives me errors while istalling and Istanbul requires additional stuff to be pre-installed.

Are there any other screen recorders which are good and reliable. someone let me know. I require it very much. I hope for a positive reply

Quote Originally Posted by playtowin View Post
    Hi to all,
    I am looking for a screen/desktop recorder for BackTrack 3 Live CD which would record everything and save the video. Can some one tell me which is the best (either free or paid) like Camtasia for Windows.

I've tryed Gtk recordmydesktop, Demo Recorder, Xvidcap and Istanbul. The first two are unrealiable, Xvidcap gives me errors while istalling and Istanbul requires additional stuff to be pre-installed.

Are there any other screen recorders which are good and reliable. someone let me know. I require it very much. I hope for a positive reply
    Go here for the Xvidcap module, its what I used for my videos.

Code:
    http://slax.hosting4p.com/modules.php

Also, Camtasia IS THE BEST. You can record what your doing on BT2 or BT3 on another computer via Camtasia on Windows.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Developer

Hi to all,

This is simply not true. I use recordmydesktop all the time. In fact it ships in bt3 by default. All one needs to do is add the gtk front end and it works very well. It is by far the best linux desktop recorder. If you look at my blog all the de-ice videos were made with recordmydesktop.

http://pur3h4t3.blogspot.com/

Just burned his ISO

Have a look at vnc2swf :

works in both windows and linux, you run a local vnc server and this app records to a swf file.

www_unixuser_org/~euske/vnc2swf/

Just burned his ISO

Question

Quote Originally Posted by -=Xploitz=- View Post
    Go here for the Xvidcap module, its what I used for my videos.

Also, Camtasia IS THE BEST. You can record what your doing on BT2 or BT3 on another computer via Camtasia on Windows.
    Well I download XVIDCAP from the place you said the file is xvidcap_1_1_5.mo .Now how i install/compile this on BackTrack3. I have no clue. Would be nice if you could guide me through.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    This is simply not true. I use recordmydesktop all the time. In fact it ships in bt3 by default. All one needs to do is add the gtk front end and it works very well. It is by far the best linux desktop recorder. If you look at my blog all the de-ice videos were made with recordmydesktop.
    This is my first use of BackTrack3. All i did was i went to their site and downloaded gtk-recordmydesktop-0.3.7.2.tar.gz and compiled it successfully. After recoding sometimes the recording gets saved and sometimes it doesn't and the encoding window during unsuccessful save stays still at 0% encoding. That was my problem with it. If you have installed it any other way or any configuration to be made.please guide me through.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper9 View Post
    Have a look at vnc2swf :
    works in both windows and linux, you run a local vnc server and this app records to a swf file.

www_unixuser_org/~euske/vnc2swf/
    I have tryed this also and during installation it say something like python headers missing or something like that. Anyways I'll give it a try again and statify what it needs.

MOD EDIT: Edit your posts, don't make three in a row like that.

Well I download XVIDCAP from the place you said the file is xvidcap_1_1_5.mo .Now how i install/compile this on BackTrack3. I have no clue. Would be nice if you could guide me through.

Put your module in your /root or "Home" directory, then copy / paste the following commands in a shell window.

mo2lzm xvidcap_1_1_5.mo xvidcap_1_1_5.lzm
    lzm2dir xvidcap_1_1_5.lzm /

Thats it.

Now type xvidcap in a shell or look in the start menu for it.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Shot -=Xploitz=- I did exactly that before you posted the reply above.

I have BT3 installed and when I run xvidcap from a terminal the application opens fine, but when I press record it seems to freeze up and all the buttons are greyed out, including the stop button and I get this error in the terminal:

bt ~ # xvidcap
    Compiler did not align stack variables. Libavcodec has been miscompiled
    and may be very slow or crash. This is not a bug in libavcodec,
    but in the compiler. Do not report crashes to FFmpeg developers.

Do you know how this error can be rectified? Are you using BT2 or BT3 Beta?
    Cheers Bro

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Thanks Pureh@te for the recordmydesktop tip. It appears to be working perfect, however I cannot get LIVES to work. It is installed via the link you gave in your other topic and I followed your instructions to the T... but I still get this error in a terminal.

bt ~ # lives
    lives: error while loading shared libraries: libmjpegutils-1.9.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

I'm obviously missing something... I'm going to search Google for the error but I thought I'd just let you know in case others get a similar error. BTW, I have BT3 installed. Thanks again.
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Just burned his ISO

-=Xploitz=- I did as you told but when i run Xvidcap from the menu Xvidcap freezes during recording and when i run it from a shell i get the same exact error message as .lonewolf got. need help!

Just burned his ISO

New version of recordMyDesktop : 0.3.7.3 works fine on my BackTrack Live CD. Thanks everyone for spending your valuable time.

Just burned his ISO

New version of recordMyDesktop : 0.3.7.3 works fine on my BackTrack Live CD. Thanks everyone for spending your valuable time.
    How can I install it in my BackTrack Live CD???
    thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast