Thread: KDE control Panel - Changing Password as Root

Default KDE control Panel - Changing Password as Root

For BT3 bug fixers. I don't know if this is a bug or if it's just my installation.

If I change the root password in the KDE control Panel I can enter the password and the verify password fields and press OK. then the Change Password - KDE Password box just freezes up and doesn't close. I think the password changes though but that box just freezes and hangs. Worth looking into.

I hope I'm not out of line posting here. If I am... one of the mods could just move or delete this topic altogether.
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Developer

Yes you are posting in the wrong place and I will move it. To answer your question the GUI kde password changer has never worked to well in my opinion. best to use the command line.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    To answer your question the GUI kde password changer has never worked to well in my opinion. best to use the command line.
    +1 to that

Thanks... it's obviously just KDE GUI related then and not a BT3 bug as such. I agree that it's better to use the command line.

Anyway I tried again, just out of curiosity and it doesn't change the password at all, not matter what I change the password to... the password just gets deleted completely, hence when I log in I had to leave the password blank.
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

yep yep... it's why ezpawn next version will have a new one entirely working coded by myself.. with an adduser too
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006