Thread: wireless

Just burned his ISO

Default wireless

OK so not sure were I should really put this. Its not really live cd but its BT2. Gonna do BT3 as soon as I get my new interent but hey thats not here yet. I have finally been able to boot up in BT2 and now I cant get my wireless card to be recognized. I have gone through the commands. I have checked to make sure my card is compatible and it is. Anyone got some advice here. Im not very command savy so its still tough for me to get those figured out with out explanation. So be nice to the new guy please......

Which card ?
    Which commands ?
    WEP or WPA ?
    wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by pchitti View Post
    OK so not sure were I should really put this. Its not really live cd but its BT2. Gonna do BT3 as soon as I get my new interent but hey thats not here yet. I have finally been able to boot up in BT2 and now I cant get my wireless card to be recognized. I have gone through the commands. I have checked to make sure my card is compatible and it is. Anyone got some advice here. Im not very command savy so its still tough for me to get those figured out with out explanation. So be nice to the new guy please......
    Crap in = Crap out.

Meaning unless you provide more information, such as what type of card you have, what commands you are trying to use, etc., you will not likely get an answer that satisfies you.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Quote Originally Posted by pchitti View Post
    OK so not sure were I should really put this. Its not really live cd but its BT2..........
    The LiveCD section is more for problems directly related to the actual making/booting of the CD

Anyway, as already stated, you'll need to supply some details if you want any help

MOVED.

Just burned his ISO

Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG is the card I have. Have already verified per the forum that it is compatible. Works with the Kubuntu live cd and install I have done. The wpa or wep question is pointless as the system wont see the card. Have tried to vies card type per cwconfig. Says no wireless extensions. It can see the card in the systems. I cant remeber all the commnands I tried as im a a buddies house for the superbowl. Commands are written down at home. But the i believe cfconfig -etho and variant card commands just say no device. On the thread for the cards that have been tested my card is listed.
    Not sure at all. SOrry about the limited info post. Hard for me to think of some of the info you all will think helpfull. Just let me know and will tell what I can. Dont have internet at my house at the moment so being able to jump on and check will be limited till thursday.

1) Look at dmesg, and see if the card is being recognised at the system level. If so, what is its device name is (ethN, wlanN, etc.)

2) You said "etho", although the correct name is "eht0" (trailing zero.) That can be an issue.

3) "eth0" may not be the device name, depending on other hardware in the systems. Alternative names may be things like "eth1" or "wlan0" or "wlan1". (See #1.)
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Although sometimes Wireless card (although generally being wlan0 or ath0 and ocassionaly ra0) can be recognised as eth0, but still work as a wireless.

-Stephen

Just burned his ISO

great guys will give it a shot.