Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cracking Networks with EEEPC.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

I can already see the security certs becoming the what the MCSE's were of the late 90's.

I've already heard radio commercials advertising for them just like MCSE's.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I can already see the security certs becoming the what the MCSE's were of the late 90's.

I've already heard radio commercials advertising for them just like MCSE's.
    Yep. In reality, its what you know and not what a piece of paper says you know.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

crashreb0ot

I never said anything about schools or certifications. To be able to perform a task means nothing, you must be able to understand, learn, and speculate in your givin field means the world. I would like to be self taught, it helps develope a skill set and style unique to the user.

Quote Originally Posted by crashreb0ot View Post
    To be able to perform a task means nothing, you must be able to understand, learn, and speculate in your givin field means the world.
    If the ability to perform means "nothing", then why acquire the "ability to understand, learn and speculate a given field"???

Ultimately you need to develop some skillset to perform any task (i.e. pooping in a toilet vs a diaper). I'm sorry, but your words sound uber-redundant.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

crashreb0ot

What I was trying to say is just doing what you were taught to do doesnt mean anything...It's like standard school...your taught numbers...and english...and government...and the majority of what you get is memorzing facts and data...it only seems intelligent because you can use them and impliment them in simple functions.. But when you can understand what you do completely, that's surpasses performance, horror writters might not know what it's like to murder someone even tho they have written many stories, but they understand the emotional part, where the brain connects the detailed description with actual terror, and tenseness etc...Ergo offering a greater sense of understanding than copy past some wep cracking tutorials :P

I hope you get it now.

Default FSB speed...

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    I have a 2gig ram chip and I can crack a 128 bit key almost as fast as I can type. maybe 2-3 mins of injecting and its done.

Now on the other hand wpa cracking is slow for some reason. On my laptop I can get 250 keys per second however on the eeepc its only 35-50 per second.

I have not yet isolated why there is a difference but I assume its a processor thing.

My last comment is on the 2 gig ram I did not notice a huge improvement over the 1. When i went from 512 to 1 gig it was a amazing difference however from 1-2 not so much. I have been told this is due to the size of the front side bus.
    I have the same problem with WPA cracking on my eeePC. (I have the 702 8GSSD, 2G RAM, BT3F on SD card) I have gone over numerous forums from the eeeUser to see if there is a way to overclock/change FSB speed (or flash the BIOS) to bring up the CPU to at least 900mHz. I have had no luck with the 702 version. Has anyone attempted anything with the bios on a 702 here? I'm really tempted to get a 901 eeePC.
    I wonder what the actual CPU speed is clocked at on a 901...hmmmm?
    ahhhh well..... Just a thought.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12