Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cracking Networks with EEEPC.

crashreb0ot

Default Cracking Networks with EEEPC.

I know time would vary depending on the security of the access point, but what is the fastest anyone has cracked a wep or wpa with the EEE PC?

p.s. what's the performance difference with 1 gig ram vs 2.

p.p.s how fast does the atheros chipset inject on the EEE PC?

((What would be a better model to get the 4g (not surf) or the 8g?

About 2mins start to having the 128bit key

Huge

I have had around 900 ivs sec but I am sure you could get more

crashreb0ot

thanks man, that input was vital into my decision in buy the 4g model Im looking at a 4 gig SD card and 2 gigs ram, I will be wiping Xandros tho, and running XP. BT3 on SD ftw ;-)

Developer

I have a 2gig ram chip and I can crack a 128 bit key almost as fast as I can type. maybe 2-3 mins of injecting and its done.

Now on the other hand wpa cracking is slow for some reason. On my laptop I can get 250 keys per second however on the eeepc its only 35-50 per second.

I have not yet isolated why there is a difference but I assume its a processor thing.

My last comment is on the 2 gig ram I did not notice a huge improvement over the 1. When i went from 512 to 1 gig it was a amazing difference however from 1-2 not so much. I have been told this is due to the size of the front side bus.

crashreb0ot

Was bt3 built specifically to accommodate the EEE PC? Or was it just added for full support over multiple platforms?

On a side note, imagine how badass it would be, walking into a business and demonstrating how to crack a security enabled network with this bugger, especially for a job interview. You would get hired on the spot.

Me and my friend David are planning on getting a pair of these things (one each) and hacking our wireless network, were learning linux I know a bit...but not as much as I should. Backtrack and DVL would be great learning platforms, we are planning to setup our Desktops as servers and hacking them over and over getting ready to join the Defcon scene Im just a n0ob (in linux terms) but I don't quit.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by crashreb0ot View Post
    Was bt3 built specifically to accommodate the EEE PC? Or was it just added for full support over multiple platforms?

On a side note, imagine how badass it would be, walking into a business and demonstrating how to crack a security enabled network with this bugger, especially for a job interview. You would get hired on the spot.

Me and my friend David are planning on getting a pair of these things (one each) and hacking our wireless network, were learning linux I know a bit...but not as much as I should. Backtrack and DVL would be great learning platforms, we are planning to setup our Desktops as servers and hacking them over and over getting ready to join the Defcon scene Im just a n0ob (in linux terms) but I don't quit.
    Or arrested. You've watched Swordfish too many times. In the real world of IT security, there aren't blondes to give blowjobs while you're hacking the NSA.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    there aren't blondes to give blowjobs while you're hacking the NSA.
    AWW.... man. Thats what I been going to school for all this time. I'm gonna get a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by crashreb0ot View Post

Good luck on your quest. Whatever you do remember to keep it ethical and legal. And no those two arent always interchangable.
    Cracking wifi might get you awe from your friends but it's a not going to impress a CSO or whoever interviews you.... maybe a few years ago.
    There's no fate but what we make for ourselves.

-I already know I cant spel-

crashreb0ot

I know, my main goal is to keep it ethical. I have always been an advocate of hacking for the greater good, even when I talk about how I can hack some things...people ask if I can get credit card numbers...identities and passwords, I just tell them to look it up because that isnt what I do.

I just said that bit about the job interview because im so hyped about getting this little super laptop :P It's for my 18th birthday and it's the only thing my parents have ever bought me (technology wise) I work for my stuff.

I know having such high expectations is not reasonable, but I am determined to work my way up, I just need the connections and friends.

Unless you are able to become as skilled as Motko Kusanagi or The Laughing Man, technical security jobs entailing hacking/countermeasures are few and far between, and very competative. More than likely you will wind up in the dry world of certification and accredidation (security policy - C&A).

Some certs would probably help you along the way....CCNA? CEH? They will also help you in your fundamental understanding of networking which will help understand the security aspect better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast