Thread: Current estimate, BT3 final release in very near future?

Just burned his ISO

Default Current estimate, BT3 final release in very near future?

Just a quick check, without asking for exact times or commitments, is the BT3 final release currently estimated to be at least a few weeks away, or is release imminent?
    Just trying to decide whether to spend the money to download the BT3 beta ISO now, or wait. (I pay for data transfer.)

Developer

We do not know when it will be available.

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

there is no official eta from the crew

but i bet you will have to wait a little more, i know muts and all crew are really busy those times and they are not only doing bt3 dev.

so if it's a question of weeks , yes you can dl beta, but maybe it worth more to get one of these shitty magazine with bt inside(but i bet it will be bt2)
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Just burned his ISO

Thanks.
    Is there likely to be a second beta or a release candidate before the final release, or is the plan to go straight to final?

sergeikolomov,

No one can say when the final release will be out. It all depends on how the bug fixes go & ultimately when the development team feels it's stable & polished enough to go "stable". The majority of software I've beta tested runs at least several months. Then possibly go into RC phase (release candidate). I doubt if the dev team have any real firm date either. In my experience when companies try and rush software out the door. It's not as good as taking the time to make sure the bugs are ironed out well. The beta hasn't been out two months yet, which at least for me is still early days. As for while it's worth the cost of downloading. Only you can really decide that. The benefit to downloading the beta is that you'll get a good sense if the stable version will run on your system or not. Rather then waiting until final, only to realize something isn't working quite right. I understand having to pay for bandwidth makes it tough to decide. Unfortunately no one but the devs can answer your question. Chances are at this stage, they might not even know.

The standard answer by most development teams is: "It'll be released when it's ready"

QuietStorm

I heard that bt3 final going to come out around April, but i might be wrong.

When it comes out... there's going to be thunder and lightning because beta rocks big time
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]