Thread: Do you think Java is good?

g4hsean

Default Do you think Java is good?

Hi, i was just quirious to see if im learning the right programming language... so far i have visual basic, Python under my belt and now im bout 1/4 of the way through learning java programming... does any like/dislike java programming language? why? i want to know what you coding gurus out there think about java...

Quote Originally Posted by g4hsean View Post
    im bout 1/4 of the way through learning java programming... does any like/dislike java programming language? why? i want to know what you coding gurus out there think about java...
    Well, for any type of degree you will need Java. So, go ahead and finish it. Im no guru, but I do find Java repulsive, difficult, and un-handy to deal with. Ive always thought of it as a bastard code, but a guru recently told me it is an outright language in itself. That is my 2 cent.
    <EeePc 1000HA BT4/W7 USB boot Alfa500 GPS BlueTooth>

I'm no guru myself, far from it in fact, but i think it's probably a matter of personal taste. A lot of programmers love it for it's portability and time saving properties while other programmers prefer more traditional methods. Life is short... the hours are less. Find what you love most and just live it if you can.

Java is nice for mobile app development and it is quite easy to learn and use. ie J2me. The main benefit is its portability alright. All a system needs to be running is the virtual machine.
    Depending on the system your designing and implementing will determine the choice of language.
    I prefer C++, and it is a must know language aswel as C. C++ cross platform libraries can implemented to undo operating environment dependence..
    And yes Java is Good

I think in order to answer the question you have to ask yourself what you want to do.

As with tools they suit different needs differently. Yes you can get a nail into a wall using a screwdriver but it is way less efficent than a hammer doing that job.

I hope you understand what I want to tell you with the example.

And in general: it is good to know a lot of tools/languages since you will be able to choose the one fitting best the task you want to accomplish.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

I usually have a couple Java's a day

On a more serious note.
    to see if im learning the right programming language
    The right language for the job depends on the task at hand.
    now im bout 1/4 of the way through learning java programming
    Read that again, now tell us what's wrong with that statement.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.