Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: net gh0st

Default net gh0st

a quick shell script that scans everything really fast in your LAN/WLAN environment.

http://www.zombie.el.cx/ngh0st/index.html

any tool i should maybe add?

EDIT: whooops I failed to Mention this is for Gnu Unix only. The fractions of a second in "sleep" are not supported by others.. - Trev.

Checking it out now..

That's actually a quite cool script and it also give me more idea's how
    to make scripts on my own (as i would really like to contribute with some
    wicked scripts too as i already have some quite good idea's )

Keep it going Trevelyn, i think it's a fine application, i don't know if it's coded
    correct, as i havent' tried "coding" Shell scripts yet, but i will definently learn
    it very very soon on an advanced basis
    [quote][I]I realized, that I had fallen down from the top of the mountain into a deep, terrifying and dark hole, just to find out that another mountain in front of me, much greater than the previous, was the next step in life. I began to wander uphill on the next mountain of life while I knew it would be much harder than the previous mountain. [/I]- MaXe[/quote]

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

I'd like to remind you that doing hi-speed scans on certain types of equipment can potentially cause that equipment to crash. So before doing so make sure that the networks you're using it on, can withstand it.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

hahah thanks for the suggestion these tools can are quite non-invasive the only thing you should worry about is when doing a pentest the logs.. There's no nikto or unicornscan or nessus or anything like that.. this doesnt find vulerablities, just - quasi free domains like open routers,shares,who is on, AP ESSIDs MACs etc etc..

glad you like it.

What's the "Programming" angle? Just that it's a shell script and not a binary?
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

oh, i didn't know where to put it, i just figured here was fine. You can move the thread if you want.

just wanted to say that this a good tool to add to your inventory. i recently tested this, and it worked without problem and did what it was suppose to. keep up the good work trev

thank you i failed to mention here in the "programming": section that I remade net-gh0st entirely in Perl. And the reports are much nicer looking now.

I checked your perl one, and somehow it didn't work well on my system(s) ..

I still like your first one the most It's nice, fast and good to get a quick overlook
    of the entire LAN that you might be on
    [quote][I]I realized, that I had fallen down from the top of the mountain into a deep, terrifying and dark hole, just to find out that another mountain in front of me, much greater than the previous, was the next step in life. I began to wander uphill on the next mountain of life while I knew it would be much harder than the previous mountain. [/I]- MaXe[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by MaXe Legend View Post
    I checked your perl one, and somehow it didn't work well on my system(s) ..

I still like your first one the most It's nice, fast and good to get a quick overlook
    of the entire LAN that you might be on
    D: wholey cow! what happened?! It works okay on mine im sorry..
    you probably like the old version because you are a true fan of Unix philosophy:

# Use shell scripts to increase leverage and portability.
    # Avoid captive user interfaces.

Well, I personally am becoming a fan of the interface in perl. I just added 2 things and am still working on 2.2 the 1st is a FULL IP Block scan, the second is a MAC Vendor tester. Good for a few things, during recon etc..
    you can PM what went wrong I would be glad to help you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast