Thread: ATI drivers on BT3

Default ATI drivers on BT3

Hello people. I'm here again with another problem.lol. I've got my BT3 installed and i've installed my ATI drivers and i cannot seen to enable Direct rendering on my system :-(, trying to run Half life (Classic) on wine and it's well slow and i noticed tht is not enabled. I've gone through xorgconfig and i've set the parameters through aticonfig and still it doesn't wanna know. The way i've done it is the same i've always have done it on my other DISTRO's. The only thing is, is tht backtrack is a live version and i dunno if they're certain permissions tht are needed to be enabled I've noticed tho is tht i;ve got an ATI x1250 express card and aticonfig see's it as an x1200......? Tht must be the problem tho tht it ent detecting it correctly through aticonfig and thinks i've got a different card to what i've actually got.

Moved to an appropriate area of the forum.

Getting Half life working, has nothing to with BT.

Games on BT3!?!?!

Go and buy a PS3 and the Half Life2 "Orange Box" (5in1)
    My favourite game of all time - played it years ago on the PC and recently discovered the Orange Box, having bought my missus a PS3 for xmas
    (I've never felt inspired enough to play any other game, ever, further than a demo version!)

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    Games on BT3!?!?!

Go and buy a PS3 and the Half Life2 "Orange Box" (5in1)
    My favourite game of all time - played it years ago on the PC and recently discovered the Orange Box, having bought my missus a PS3 for xmas
    (I've never felt inspired enough to play any other game, ever, further than a demo version!)
    I played the PC version of Half Life 2 Episode 2, but in Windoze.
    Awesome game even with my entry level graphics. Short and sweet.
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]