Thread: Gateway T-1625

Just burned his ISO

Default Gateway T-1625

Will work with live CD and acpi=off, but when installed to hard drive I am having some video issues (when i type startx everything is rainbow colored). If anyone knows how I can get it to work, please let me know. Been searching for a few days, and tried several things, but no luck. Thanks in advance.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by photoguy View Post
    Will work with live CD and acpi=off, but when installed to hard drive I am having some video issues (when i type startx everything is rainbow colored). If anyone knows how I can get it to work, please let me know. Been searching for a few days, and tried several things, but no luck. Thanks in advance.
    Might need to edit your xconf file try typing
    Code:
    bt~# xconf
    at the shell prompt before you type startx and after you have logged on as root.
    Once you have done this maybe repost here if it doesn't work right still.
    Also have a look at the www.slackbook.org especially chapter 6 I think it is on x configuration
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

I tried that (xconf). It then comes up saying no screen found when I try startx. The thing I don't understand is that if I use the live CD everything works fine. I even tried adding the ati.lmz into modules and buring another cd, tried copying the xcorg.conf from both BT2 and BT3.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by photoguy View Post
    I tried that (xconf). It then comes up saying no screen found when I try startx. The thing I don't understand is that if I use the live CD everything works fine. I even tried adding the ati.lmz into modules and buring another cd, tried copying the xcorg.conf from both BT2 and BT3.
    So you followed this info?
    http://backtrack.offensive-security....ati.lzm_module

Might wanna try the slackbook above, as well.
    There are a few other posts here about ati if I find on relevant enough I will add it to this post.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the info. I tried a few different settings in xorgconfig (following the book), no luck. Didn't have alot of time to mess with it today though. Gonna look through that book tomorrow and give it another try.