Thread: Bios doesn't support booting from USB.

Just burned his ISO

Default Bios doesn't support booting from USB.

Is there anyway I can make a cd that serves no purpose other than to boot BackTrack from my usb key? Google is running me around in circles and I'm pretty much at a loss here. Any help would be appreciated.

This post may lead you in the right direction
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...7&postcount=10

Good friend of the forums

The easier way is to boot from the BT cd, with a usb drive containing the necessary folders, and edit one of the options to add nocd at the end.

Just burned his ISO

Im straying a bit from the CD idea but be sure to check for any BIOS firmware updates that my be available if you havent already. A simple update of your BIOS may reveal the ability to boot to that precious USB key

Just burned his ISO

Just wanted to pop back in and thank everyone who had a suggestion. The problem is solved using both methods in the first two posts. balding_parrot unfortunatly the only bios update listed for me is a minor unreleated bugfix but it was a good suggestion none the less. Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by skip1981 View Post
    Just wanted to pop back in and thank everyone who had a suggestion. The problem is solved using both methods in the first two posts. balding_parrot unfortunatly the only bios update listed for me is a minor unreleated bugfix but it was a good suggestion none the less. Thanks everyone.
    Thanks for posting your results, confirms that all information supplied was efficient and accurate! Thanks again, We now have a valid thread we can link too
    Give credit & show appreciation for members creations,