Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Error: No space left on device

  1. #1
    Member The_Denv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    364

    Default Error: No space left on device

    Greetings,

    I thought weather or not to post this, although it may help people who run into the same problem as I did. Obviously it wont help anyone until I sort it out, any feedback would be appreciated and as I said...could help anyone in the future who run into this problem.

    I successfully installed B|T3b to my HDD, I followed muts video and also took onboard the notes muts left on the Wiki reguarding the dual boot install. I have XP and BT3...all exactly like muts' install. Everything was going fine for a few days, I installed HTTrack and the BiLE-suite. My B|T3b partition has almost 6GB of space as I wanted to have some space to work with.

    Last night after messing around with BiLE, choosing different domains, removing each domain's footprint result, removing the offline content within the 'BiLE-suite' directory I thought everything was as normal as any other day.

    Although when I restarted my laptop errors started to appear, it was stating that it couldnt access the 'clock/time/calendar' file due to no space on the device. Strange, because I had 6GB and only 1.5GB [if even] was used. I went to bed, woke up this morning and now I cant log into B|T. It stated the errors about 'no space on device' during boot. When I was prompted at the login the 'prompt' didnt say 'bt~#', it said something like 'no user'. I tried 'root'+'toor' and it kept hitting me with 'incorrect login'. I did receive an error during the login page stating there was no space on the device and that the clock/time/calendar file couldnt be edited or updated due to no space.

    I loaded up GParted, it appears my Back|Track partition is FULL, 6GB used up. Very VERY strange. Im thinking that while I was running BiLE-suite it stated once that it couldnt find HTTrack and that it would mirror in quiet/stealth mode. Maybe this is the reason, maybe I thought that the error meant that nothing was happening...maybe it mirrored that entire website.

    ...Although with my internet connection there is no way I could download 4.5GB of data within 3 hours, usually a file size like this would take me 8 hours to download and its impossible as I only used BT3b for a duration of 4 hours within that period.

    I will load up a LiveDVD of B|T3b and try and troubleshoot this myself, browse through the various folders within my HDD install and see were all this 4.5+GB of data is located.

    A bit of a long post for such a silly error, but it has really baffled me to how/why and where this chunk of data came from. I have never came across such random error like this before.

    Thanks for your time reading this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Denv View Post
    Im thinking that while I was running BiLE-suite it stated once that it couldnt find HTTrack and that it would mirror in quiet/stealth mode. Maybe this is the reason, maybe I thought that the error meant that nothing was happening...maybe it mirrored that entire website.

    ...Although with my internet connection there is no way I could download 4.5GB of data within 3 hours, usually a file size like this would take me 8 hours to download and its impossible as I only used BT3b for a duration of 4 hours within that period.
    What did ya do?? Leave it running and connected to your internet connection after it said it was going to "mirror" in stealth mode??? Yea, I think you downloaded as much of whatever website you were copying to your HD and it filled it up.

    Yes, its quite possible to fill 4 gigs in 3 hours. HTTrack will use multiple connections to connect to its "target", which will make it d/l much faster. I bet if you go into your BiLE-suite folder,....you'll see a LOT of files and folders from whatever web site you were downloading. Delete them and fix that path to your HTTrack in bile.pl.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

  3. #3
    Member The_Denv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -=Xploitz=- View Post
    What did ya do?? Leave it running and connected to your internet connection after it said it was going to "mirror" in stealth mode??? Yea, I think you downloaded as much of whatever website you were copying to your HD and it filled it up.

    Yes, its quite possible to fill 4 gigs in 3 hours. HTTrack will use multiple connections to connect to its "target", which will make it d/l much faster. I bet if you go into your BiLE-suite folder,....you'll see a LOT of files and folders from whatever web site you were downloading. Delete them and fix that path to your HTTrack in bile.pl.
    LMAO, So I take it I did grep the entire website [/me slaps forehead]. Well I cant get access to my HDD install due to no space. So, time for me to boot up the live DVD and see what I can do.

    I thought this was the problem, just couldn't verify it.

    Thanks for verifying this for me -=Xploitz=-

  4. #4
    Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Pr0n in large amounts can certainly ZAP hard drive space!
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Denv View Post
    LMAO, So I take it I did grep the entire website [/me slaps forehead]. Well I cant get access to my HDD install due to no space. So, time for me to boot up the live DVD and see what I can do.

    I thought this was the problem, just couldn't verify it.

    Thanks for verifying this for me -=Xploitz=-
    Also, there will probably be "copies" of the website in the actual HTTrack folder as well. I forgot to mention that. When using BiLE.pl with HTTrack, I think it only stores the downloaded web site in your BiLE-suite folder...but it wouldn't hurt to check inside your HTTrack install(s) folder(s) as well for any "duplicates".
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

  6. #6
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default

    find '*' -size +xxxk?

  7. #7
    Member The_Denv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spankdidly View Post
    Pr0n in large amounts can certainly ZAP hard drive space!
    ...and I thought I deleted them all

    Quote Originally Posted by -=Xploitz=- View Post
    Also, there will probably be "copies" of the website in the actual HTTrack folder as well. I forgot to mention that. When using BiLE.pl with HTTrack, I think it only stores the downloaded web site in your BiLE-suite folder...but it wouldn't hurt to check inside your HTTrack install(s) folder(s) as well for any "duplicates".
    Yeh man, it was the HTTrack folder that contained the gigantic file. 'hts-nohup.out' - 2.8GB. Now deleted and Im back in my HDD install. I am going to have to edit the BiLE.pl file to tell it to not exceed 350MB or something.

    Thanks for the help

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •