Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ether Ape fixed

Default Ether Ape fixed

Actually, it can be solved very easily, by copying /usr/lib/libglade folder from eg. foresight-2.20.1 distro (probably Ubuntu as well...) to BT3's usr/lib/ folder.

Cheers,
    NaZirCon
    Beer is served only to members of the trade union!

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by NaZirCon View Post
    Actually, it can be solved very easily, by copying /usr/lib/libglade folder from eg. foresight-2.20.1 distro (probably Ubuntu as well...) to BT3's usr/lib/ folder.

Cheers,
    NaZirCon
    Can you confirm this and offer some proof. Then the nice thing to do would be to upload the folder and explain how it was done. Thats how these open source community thingies work.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Can you confirm this and offer some proof. Then the nice thing to do would be to upload the folder and explain how it was done. Thats how these open source community thingies work.
    Of course,

you can find the rar file with libglade here :
    http://nazircon.googlepages.com/libglade.rar

So, you just unpack the rar file (with full path ), you should get a folder named "libglade". Copy the "libglade" folder to /usr/lib.
    That's it.

Cheers,
    NaZirCon

you can find the rar file with libglade here :
    http://nazircon.googlepages.com/libglade.rar

So, you just unpack the rar file (with full path ), you should get a folder named "libglade". Copy the "libglade" folder to /usr/lib.
    That's it.

Cheers,
    NaZirCon
    I can also confirm this fix. Thank you for posting! I was missing EtherApe :P
    15" MBP 8 gigs o ram 256 gig SSD in drivebay + 256 gig 5400 HD
    1000HE EEE 30 gig SSD 2 gigs Ram

Developer

I will confirm this my self later but if any one else can confirm it I will add it to the wiki as well.

Thanks NaZirCon

Developer

Confirmed! Good show

Thanks for this. Is it safe to ignore error meesage - (EtherApe:5820): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: IA__g_object_set_property: object class `GtkFrame' has no property named `orientation' - Sorry for newbie question..!

Quote Originally Posted by twocent$ View Post
    Thanks for this. Is it safe to ignore error meesage - (EtherApe:5820): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: IA__g_object_set_property: object class `GtkFrame' has no property named `orientation' - Sorry for newbie question..!
    To be honest, after the fix i've never run it from console...
    But, if it works properly, then i suppose it's ok. I'm not into GTK that much, but i presume this warning is just about a GUI element ( if that's what `GtkFrame' is )

Hey guys, glad to hear that you've got a working fix for this that will work. But obviously this is a fix that is either applied during the live session, or applied to a hard drive installed copy. For me, I have no hard drive install copy (mainly because absolutely every tutorial I have tried has failed with any hard drive installs - yeah, checked the MD5 sums, burned slow speeds, repeated tutorials, used different HDD's, VM's, and methods, but nothing works), so I need a way to add it to the live CD. Is there an easy way to make a module that will put this there for every session, or do I have to untar an LZM from the CD Modules directory, add it to there, and then dir2lzm it back up again? Thanks guys,

-Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix910 View Post
    Hey guys, glad to hear that you've got a working fix for this that will work. But obviously this is a fix that is either applied during the live session, or applied to a hard drive installed copy. For me, I have no hard drive install copy (mainly because absolutely every tutorial I have tried has failed with any hard drive installs - yeah, checked the MD5 sums, burned slow speeds, repeated tutorials, used different HDD's, VM's, and methods, but nothing works), so I need a way to add it to the live CD. Is there an easy way to make a module that will put this there for every session, or do I have to untar an LZM from the CD Modules directory, add it to there, and then dir2lzm it back up again? Thanks guys,

-Stephen
    You can always make a module out of /usr/lib/libglade folder, and then add it to Live CD /bt3/modules (there are a couple of threads here on forum about how to do it- but in essence, you'd have to add this module to Live CD image and then burn it again). The procedure is much easier when Live USB is used, though...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast