Thread: i tried to login using default what did i do wrong

Just burned his ISO

Default i tried to login using default what did i do wrong

i tried to login using default like it says i used root as username and toor as password am i doing this right because i got nothing

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Default Re: i tried to login using default what did i do wrong

What exactly do you mean by "I got nothing"? You didn't get a nice fancy gui? Did you type "startx" (no quotes) after logging in? Maybe you typed startx and got an error? Is it not accepting the root/toor default? Do you get any error messages? How are you running BT4(LiveCD, hdd/usb, vm image) More details on the exact problem and perhaps searching this forum will get you help a lot quicker.

hm, i am using BT4 Pre-lease on USB and any time i lock the system and want to get back to system i have just to click on ,,ok,, or whatever it is there as it doesn't accept anything even toor, and it lets me in.

Just burned his ISO

Raven,

What are you doing exactly this will help solve your issue. You posts are broken at best let us know and I will be more than happy to try and help.

Just burned his ISO

it would really help if people who had problems posted their exact issue and any corresponding messages. we need more than "it doesnt work" or only "i did this". when either of you post more specific errors or steps that caused the issue, i would gladly help out.

First order of business, ladies and gents, is that this is a Back|Track 4 FINAL forum. Pre-final isn't supported any longer, as the new release is out. See this post for more info.

Secondly, if you want help, help us help you. Don't come barging in on our forums, throw some garbage at us and say "fix it". Give us details to work with, or you'll find very quickly that
    Quote Originally Posted by sealed777 View Post
    i got nothing
    for you.
    thou shalt treat all computers as thou wouldst treat thyself, for thou art the creator of thine own problems.

Just burned his ISO

O.k. wonderful, marvelous, fantastic, peachies, Dogg poo! Your all on a horses CRACK! Good news though I figured out wtf I was doing wrong... and FYI the DL and install instructions aren't very clear. How the f*@! are you supposed to know that you have to type startx in.... I'm a windows user normally.... login to me means your user name and password.... not got dang STARTX But hey on a lighter note, thank you for all the warm support!

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sealed777 View Post
    O.k. wonderful, marvelous, fantastic, peachies, Dogg poo! Your all on a horses CRACK! Good news though I figured out wtf I was doing wrong... and FYI the DL and install instructions aren't very clear. How the f*@! are you supposed to know that you have to type startx in.... I'm a windows user normally.... login to me means your user name and password.... not got dang STARTX But hey on a lighter note, thank you for all the warm support!
    Well if you don't like the help that is free and freely given go elsewhere. We don't need or appreciate you kind here.