Thread: Silent 'Network' bootup

Just burned his ISO

Default Silent 'Network' bootup

Hello every time i boot up BT3 or 2 it goes through a DHCP process. It more therefor be sending packets over the network wireless/wired. How can i boot without generating any network traffic as this DHCP gives away my MAC, not very stealthy eh? I imagine there is a kernel option to skip this, however will the wifi card still be sending probing requests upon boot?

Cheers
    I hope this hasn't been covered before.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Disable dhcpd from running at startup?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Not in front of B|T right this second, but I believe it is controlled in /etc/rc.d/rc.inet and/or /root/.kde/Autostart (make note of the ".")
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

DHCP should be disabled by default in BT2? - it is in mine and I've not changed anything. Cant say about BT3 though.
    Removed by -=Xploitz=-
    We do NOT allow external links. We only allow "internal" links to our forums. See PM's.

Just burned his ISO

I'm using a live CD so i can't alter the rc.d files.

You can use ISO Buster (or similar) to add files to the rootcopy directory, create a new ISO, and burn it with your customizations.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.