Thread: Backtrack 4 Final- Booting Issue

Just burned his ISO

Question Backtrack 4 Final- Booting Issue

I am having trouble Booting Backtrack 4 Final ISO from my 8GB USB. I have followed the how to on the main site yet when i go to the boot menu i only have the Windows 7 option... Heres the link of what instructions i followed
    USB Live
    also when they say "Select your USB drive and click “OK” for creating a bootable BackTrack USB drive" what do they mean i click on i don't get any option that says that (that is when I am in my main OS) :/
    Please help

Default Re: Backtrack 4 Final- Booting Issue

Quote Originally Posted by basic View Post
    I am having trouble Booting Backtrack 4 Final ISO from my 8GB USB. I have followed the how to on the main site yet when i go to the boot menu i only have the Windows 7 option... Heres the link of what instructions i followed
    USB Live
    Have you checked in your bios to see how your boot order looks like, or if you are allowed to boot from the USB?
    Quote Originally Posted by basic View Post
    also when they say "Select your USB drive and click “OK” for creating a bootable BackTrack USB drive" what do they mean i click on i don't get any option that says that (that is when I am in my main OS) :/
    Please help
    This is referring to Unetbootin.

EDIT: Saw your reply, I don't have a USB free to test at the moment. I can try later tonight and post my step by step.
    Last edited by Lincoln; 01-15-2010 at 03:45 AM.

Just burned his ISO

Yes i have check my bios it is USB boot enabled and yet it doesn't boot from the USB... I did not see the bootinst batch file and i check in every folder...i even try redownloading it and yet still no luck. I have to be missing something... shouldn't there be a Windows batch file to enable it to auto boot?

In your Boot Settings in your Bios did you check under Hard Disk Drives on the Boot page? When i installed mine my USB drive showed up there and had to specify the boot sequence and set the USB as the 1st Drive.
    Then just make sure your Boot Device Priority page shows the USB as 1st.

Other times you have to wait a few seconds after your computer starts to plug your USB in so
    that it will recognize it correctly.

Hope that helps

Just burned his ISO

try hitting f11 durring the bootup screens