Just burned his ISO

wont let me download for some reason

Just burned his ISO

just what i've been looking for thank you

kaaslander

I can't download too!!!???

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by bofh28 View Post
    The goal is to unify all of the good information found in various bits and pieces into 1 large document. This document is for people who want to learn to the how and why of password cracking. There is a lot of information being presented and you should READ IT ALL BEFORE you attempted doing anything documented here. I do my best to provide step by step instructions along with the reasons for doing it this way. Other times I will point to a particular website where you find the information. In those cases someone else has done what I attempting and did a good or great job and I didn’t want to steal their hard work. These instructions have several excerpts from a combination of posts from pureh@te, granger53, irongeek, PrairieFire, and stasik. I would also like to thank each of them and others for the help they have provided me on the BackTrack forum.

I had to compress the document so I could attach it. The document as it stands now is 26K. Please let me know if what I have is wrong, or if there is a better way to do something, or if I am missing something. I am planning on making enhancements as people make me aware of them.

The topics covered are:
    Cracking windows passwords with BackTrack and windows tools
    Cracking Linux passwords with BackTrack and windows tools
    Cracking network equipment passwords with BackTrack and windows tools
    Cracking oracle passwords
    Resetting lost passwords for local and domain user accounts
    Generating your own rainbowtables
    Dictionary Generator
    Wordlists

Thanks,

P.S. Thank you everyone for your feedback. Keep it coming.
    why cant i download the file it says I dont have permission?

Developer

It really helps to read the whole thread

http://rapidshare.com/files/92963225/password.zip.html

Good friend of the forums

I have finally got around to updating my password cracking guide. I have added sections on ophcrack and cain and abel.

After using ophcrack for several hours I am not seeing what everyone really likes about it. I downloaded the live CD and tried cracking my sisters password. Yes she gave me permission. I put the CD in, booted, and ophcrack couldn't crack any passwords as the OS is Vista and LM hashes are disabled by default. I tried my XP box, but it didn't fully crack any of my passwords. I got the last 1 or 2 characters, but never the first 7. Given that I can't create rainbow tables for ophcrack and that I have to PAY for the NT hash tables (which I don't see as being useful given the limited character set used to generated them) I don't see its usefulness. Maybe someone can give me pointers? Maybe I am missing or misunderstanding something?

The Cain and Abel software is a pretty good cracker for windows.

I am planning on converting the document to html to make it easier to find the section you want. I tried LyX but the html it generates is bad. Can anyone please tell me where I can find a latex to html for windows?

Have patience, the new version is coming.
    Thanks,
    I like the bleeding edge, but I don't like blood loss

Just burned his ISO

Thank you for the time and effort put forth into this doc and the WL files included. All the best,
    thc

Good friend of the forums

I finally had some time to finish the updates. I have updated the zip file on the first post of this thread. If you can't download the attachment you are probably a new user and have to wait three days before you can download it. I prefer not to post my work on rapidshare. Keep the comments coming.

Changes from version 0.2
    * Added sections on using ophcrack
    * Added sections on Cain and Able under windows
    * Fixed a typo
    * New html format

Changes from version 0.1
    * Added a section on plain-text.info
    * Added a section on using john the ripper with a custom character list
    * Added Xploitz’s and pureh@te’s wordlists
    I like the bleeding edge, but I don't like blood loss

Just burned his ISO

thanks for the tuto

Could we get the new file posted on RapidShare please? The attachment from the forums still doesn't work for some of us. Thanks!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast