Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: password cracking guide

Just burned his ISO

hey bofh, so when is this tutorial being unleashed. you are talking about hydra stuff and all this but i did not find them in your zip. have u dished out another tutorial in between. but great work educationg ppl, keep going and THANKS loads

Good friend of the forums

Quote Originally Posted by adroitlearner View Post
    So when do we get to read your latest work. fingers crossed...waiting for it
    To borrow a phrase. It will be posted when it is ready and not before. I have been working on getting crunch into the 21st century. I finished version 1.5 and had a feature request shortly after. I am about 2/3 done with the request. Once 1.6 is done I think crunch will be much more powerful tool that the original 1.0 version. It should be good until I get another feature request or a bug report shows up. I will try to shoot for the end of the month for the next version of the password cracking guide.
    I like the bleeding edge, but I don't like blood loss

Quote Originally Posted by adroitlearner View Post
    hey bofh, so when is this tutorial being unleashed. you are talking about hydra stuff and all this but i did not find them in your zip. have u dished out another tutorial in between. but great work educationg ppl, keep going and THANKS loads
    section 8.1.1 of version 0.8 covers hydra stuff. If I left something out please let me know.

Thanks,

Just burned his ISO

thanks a lot..and it also asserts that there has not been an intermediate issue that i ve missed out. thank u loads

Just burned his ISO

hey...sorry sorry, 8.1.1. does have hydra. sorry bout that. thanks

Hey bro

No problem with that, Metasploit is more for a full book if you want to cover it and it is always changing, I had the same idea about showing only the hash extraction, if you need any help with that section send me a PM I would be more than glad to help. I have hardly tested hydra, medusa, brutus or any other against consumer based routers, I was referring more to Juniper, Cisco and Nortel ones those have very good brute force mitigation controls in them but hardly admins implement them and junior level pentesters or people who think they are sell a service to a client for peanuts and they get what they pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh28 View Post
    Thank you. I seen (and done) that too. However you also have to blame the router manufacturer sometimes. I have this old D-Link wireless router that just locks up if you if use hydra or medusa on it. Even with the proper and very conservative settings the router dies. It a firmware issue as we have 3 of these routers and they all exhibit this behavior. However the routers are so old they are nolonger supported and open firmware (dd-wrt) can't run on them as they only have 2MB of flash.

I am not familiar with meterpreter. (A quick google later). OK it is a part of metasploit. metasploit is a very powerful framework. When I decided to write this guide I made one thing very clear to myself. I will only cover password cracking AFTER compromise. I would not show anyone how to exploit a system and then extract the password hashes. If I cover hashdump it will be from the point after the system has been compromised. I won't cover how to break into a system. There are already many other guides and threads that cover how to break into a system.

It is a fine line I am trying to walk (especially since I starting to write the section about remotely extracting the hashes). I don't want to turn my guide into a step by step guide how to hack into something that any technological illiterate person could use to do something bad. Yes my guide is step by step but I try to educate the user along the way. I try to make them understand what they are doing and way.

I hope you understand.

Thnx for the great job and hard work keep it coming

Wow i just checked it out and holy$hit great great job

Just burned his ISO

thanks

It took a lot longer than I had wanted but here is the latest version of the password cracking guide. As usual if you have questions, problems, or if I got something wrong/left something out please let me know.

Changes from version 0.8
    * updated the guide to support BT4-Pre-Final
    * switched from transitional html to strict html
    * added a section on cracking office passwords
    * added a section on cracking rar passwords
    * added a section on cracking zip passwords
    * added a section on cracking pdf passwords
    * added instructions for remote password dumping for fgdump
    * point users to john the ripper wiki for dumbforce and knownforce usage
    * convert text urls to links
    * updated links
    * update versions of software (wine and rcrack)
    * fixed several spelling mistakes

Just burned his ISO

Thanks alot ,Thanks alot

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast