Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Using Full Drive Encryption?

Default Anybody Using Full Drive Encryption?

Hey Guys,

Anybody using any full drive encryption products (either hardware or software), preferably in a Windows environment?

If so, would you mind sharing your thoughts/experiences with me please?

Thanks.

I know there's some hardcore encryption so your HD is locked to your motherboard
    or something else, it's really hardcore but i don't know the name tho. But it worked

I'll try ask a friend of mine which does it with all his drives :P
    [quote][I]I realized, that I had fallen down from the top of the mountain into a deep, terrifying and dark hole, just to find out that another mountain in front of me, much greater than the previous, was the next step in life. I began to wander uphill on the next mountain of life while I knew it would be much harder than the previous mountain. [/I]- MaXe[/quote]

Thanks, that would be very useful.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

My old job had p0intsec. It could bring a T60 to it's knees. Slowed EVERYTHING down. It also had a lot of issues. You could change a bios setting and now longer get into Xp. Oh man it was terrible stuff.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Hmmm.....

Sounds like one to avoid

Thanks for that.

We'd be in a much better position to provide advise/stories if we knew what you were actually trying to accomplish.

I've been involved in everything from basic open source software solutions, to solutions requiring smart cards, to Gov't level HW solutions.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    We'd be in a much better position to provide advise/stories if we knew what you were actually trying to accomplish.
    That one's easy

Want to provide full drive encryption to a number of laptops. Most will be Windows platforms (although it would be useful if the solution could be OS independent).

Not too worried about any form of two-factor authentication at this stage, although that might become a useful add-on in the future.

Ideally as low cost as possible, but this isn't necessarily an issue.

So far I've looked at a couple of hard drives that have built-in encryption, I've also looked at the likes of PGP.

Basically I'm just after an idea of what people's experiences have been to date: what they've used, how they found it, would they recommend it, that sort of thing.

PGP Disk and PGP Net. EOF*
    <EeePc 1000HA BT4/W7 USB boot Alfa500 GPS BlueTooth>

Yep, have got a copy of PGP disk which I'm trying to look at now. Having a few licencing issues at the moment (namely that the information PGP have recorded against my licence don't match what they should have for some reason).

Contacted support, so we just wait and see.....

Opensource try Truecrypt.
    Commercial try Winmagic/SecureDocs.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast