Thread: BT3 takes too long to boot!!

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation BT3 takes too long to boot without the AC adapter!!

I have a HPdv6000 notebook 2024 MB(RAM), with BT3 installed in HD. The problem is when I booted without the AC adapter it takes too long to start and recognize all the hardware that is in my laptop.

Usually, it works excelent when the AC adapter is pluged in my laptop, it taked 2 minutes to boot bt3, but when the AC is unpluged and the laptop its working by its self it takes about 15 minutes to start : and I have only this problem with BT3.

can somebody help me please.

thanks in advance.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by blastoff View Post
    I have a HPdv6000 notebook 2024 MB(RAM), with BT3 installed in HD. The problem is when I booted without the AC adapter it takes too long to start and recognize all the hardware that is in my laptop.

Usually, it works excelent when the AC adapter is pluged in my laptop, it taked 2 minutes to boot bt3, but when the AC is unpluged and the laptop its working by its self it takes about 15 minutes to start : and I have only this problem with BT3.

can somebody help me please.

thanks in advance.
    Sounds like your processor is speedstepping when it's not plugged in. Probably a setting in the BIOS for this.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Sounds like your processor is speedstepping when it's not plugged in. Probably a setting in the BIOS for this.

do you know what settings could be changed in the bios to solve it?

thanks.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by blastoff View Post
    do you know what settings could be changed in the bios to solve it?

thanks.
    Probably something in the Power Management section related to CPU Speed Stepping. But I don't know because I don't have the same BIOS that you do.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

I have nothing related to CPU or power management .

This is kind of weird because previews OS as BT2 & WHAX work perfectly in this way. May be the next version would fix this little mistake. =/